iOS 8.4 was launched a few weeks ago. But before you take it for any other minor update, it is a milestone for Apple is true terms. iOS 8.4 is the starting point for the company’s own music streaming service, the much-loved Apple Music. The update also brought in a lot of stability improvements, security fixes, and Beats 1 Radio station. But the list of updates isn’t over yet. Before we could ease into the new iOS 8.4 firmware on our iPhones and iPad, it got jailbroken ! We received the TaiG Jailbreak and the PP Jailbreak for iOS 8.4 , so anyone wishing to upgrade to iOS 8.4 can Install Cydia on iOS 8.4 right away .
Image : Download Cydia on iPhone using Windows
However, Microsoft launched its new Windows 10 OS just a few days ago and brought in massive changes to the fluid OS. There is a lot of difference in the looks, functions, and many other aspects. But what is bugging the iPhone 6 users is the question whether they can jailbreak their devices on Windows 10. The answer is yes, you can. Both the TaiG and PP tools are working perfectly fine on Windows 10. So in case you have just upgraded to this new version of Windows and want to install Cydia on your iPhone 6 using your Windows PC, here is the full and easy tutorial.
Use TaiG Tool to Install Cydia on iPhone 6 :
- Please download the latest update for iTunes before trying to install Cydia with the TaiG tool, as it may cause installation issues.
- Now backup your data with iTunes or iCloud completely.
- Turn off the Passcode in your iPhone 6 by browsing to Settings and selecting Passcode. Now enter the passcode when asked for and tap Turn Passcode Off.
- Then go to Settings and select iCloud. Tap Find My iPhone there. Then fill in your Apple ID and password to turn off Find My iPhone.
Now follow the below-given steps for installing Cydia on your iPhone 6:
- Go to this link to download the latest version of the TaiG tool. After downloading it, extract that zip file and you will have the TaiG tool.
- Plug in your iPhone 6 to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now open the TaiG tool in Administrator Mode by right-clicking on it and selecting Run As Administrator.
- Make sure that 3K Assistant check-box remains unchecked. [ Image Credits : TaiGJailbreak.org ]
- Click on the Start button and the tool will start installing Cydia on your device.
- Now wait until the process has finished.
- Once the process has completed, your iPhone will reboot and you will find Cydia on the device’s home screen.
Use PP Tool to Install Cydia on iPhone 6 :
The PP tool has been appreciated for being free of any errors or bugs right from the start and so is one of the most used jailbreak tools for installing Cydia on iOS 8.4. Initially, the PP tool was available only in the Chinese language, but it is now available in English too, making the process so much easier for the users.
Note for Mac Users : [ Image Credits TaigJailbreak.org ]
This tutorial has been made specifically for Windows 10 users only. In case you use Mac, you don’t need to go through the hassles of running Windows 10 on an emulator to install Cydia on your iPhone 6. Instead, you can simply use the PP Tool for Mac,
the only jailbreak tool available for Mac right now. Update 1# : Taig Jailbreak for Mac is now available , supported on iOS 8.1.2 upto ios 8.4 .
Install Cydia With PP Jailbreak :
- Go to the following link to Download the PP tool.
- After downloading the tool, launch it.
- Connect your iPhone 6 to your Windows 10 PC.
- In the PP tool, you will notice an elliptically shaped button in the middle. Just click it.
- Now the tool will load some components and will begin the process of installing Cydia. The device might reboot once or twice and the progress mark might get stuck at 3/8 or 5/8, but it is nothing to worry about, so stay patient.
- Once the tool has completed the installation process, a green check mark will appear in the tool confirming the same.
- Congrats ! You will now find Cydia installed right on the home screen of your iPhone 6.
Get the latest news and tutorials by joining our Newsletter and follow us on Facebook.