While more than 200 million devices are now running on iOS 7, not everybody has had a smooth experience. Some people are still finding trouble with the upgrade and their iPhone’s are being left stuck on the Apple Logo Screen or even a completely blank screen, with no sign of life.
Image : iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
There is a way to get out of this and start the whole process again. Follow these steps to bring your iPhone back to a usable state:
- Turn your iPhone off by holding the Sleep/Wake button down
- Plug the lightning cable in to your iPhone and connect it the USB port on your computer
- Launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically
- Now place your Phone into DFU mode – as follows
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons down at the same time
- Hold them for 10 seconds and then let go of the Sleep/Wake button
- Carry on pressing the Home button down until you get an “iPhone in Recovery” message appear in iTunes.
- Let go of the Home button and click on Restore on the message
- iTunes will proceed to restore your iPhone to the latest iOS firmware, in this case iOS 7.0.3.
Your iPhone screen should remain blank up until the Restore process. If at any time you see the Apple logo BEFORE you give iTunes permission to Restore, your iPhone is not in DFU mode, and you may need to start again.
If you do see the Apple Logo and your iPhone goes on to boot up OK you may still be better off restoring it anyway, just to make sure you are starting with a clean slate .
- Keep your iPhone and computer connected and go into iTunes
- Click on the Device summary section
- Click on Restore iPhone
- iTunes will restore to the newest firmware