Shortly after iOS 9.1 was released, Pangu stepped up with yet another jailbreak, aka Pangu iOS 9.1 Jailbreak [ext link]. While the iOS has been updated since then, the jailbreaks havent and iOS 9.1 remains the latest version that can be jailbroken. The very first thing you want to do after jailbreaking is download your favorite tweaks but you are now face with a Size Mismatch Error. This stops you from downloading that tweak and anything else form that repository but, don’t worry because it is relatively easy to fix.
Image : Cydia Size Mismatch Error Fix
Size mismatch errors happen for a couple of reasons :
- Perhaps you left Cydia open and running in the background while you refreshed
- You were trying to refresh your sources while a particular repository was being synced
- You may have refreshed at the exact same time as the tweak you wanted was being updated
It doesn’t really matter what caused it, you have the error and now Cydia has got corrupted cache files. Until that cache can be refreshed again, and that can take upwards of 24 hours and you are stuck with it.
Fix Size Mismatch Error on iOS 9 :
If you are unlucky enough to get an error when you try to install a tweak, there is an easy way to get rid of it. It involves having to remove the affected repository and then putting it back, during which Cydia removes all files related to the repository, including those corrupted cache files. There are two ways that you can do this – with a default repository and a non-default one.
Removing a Default Repository :
- Open Cydia and locate the Edit button, tap on it
- A list of your available sources will appear a red button will show up beside the affected one, tap on it
- Tap on Delete and Cydia will proceed to remove the repository
- When it has finished, tap on Done
- Tap on Return to Cydia to go back to the main page
Adding a Default Repository :
- Tap on More Package Sources
- You will see a list of all the available repositories , tap on the one you are adding back in
- Tap on OK
- Cydia will now go through the process of reloading the default repository
- When complete, tap on Return to Cydia
Check to make sure the repository s back as it should be and try downloading your tweak again
Non-Default Repositories :
Follow steps 1 to 5 above and then these steps:
- Tap Add bottom of your screen
- Type the source URL in and then tap on Add Source
- When Cydia has finished, tap Return to Cydia
You will now see a list of all your sources so check that the right one has been added in and then download your tweak again
Both of these methods work to solve the Size Mismatch Error on iOS 9 and you should have no trouble in downloading your favorite tweaks again. If you don’t want to go through those steps, you will need to leave your device until Cydia has refreshed the cache files – hopefully the problem will be resolved, although there is no guarantee.