If your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad is jailbroken and you use Cydia tweaks, then you already know that when you change the preferences of a tweak, you are often required respring your iOS device for the changes to take effect. A lot of tweaks, barring a few, require the reboot. Also, you must restart your jailbroken iOS device semi-regularly to make sure that it runs smoothly and temporary files do not pile up in the device. But whenever you restart your device, you don’t know how much time it will take, and many users wish there was a progress bar for that.
Image : RespringProgress – Reboot Screen Progress Bar
Well, you can get a progress bar if your iOS device is jailbroken. A popular tweak called RespringProgress adds a progress bar to the respring screen while your iOS device is rebooting.
- The RespringProgress tweak brings a progress bar to the reboot screen of your iPhone and indicates the amount of progress that is still left to be completed, which can give you an idea of how much time it will take for you to start using the device again. The tweak is limited to this function only and does not offer any other feature.
- RespringProgress is a very light tweak and helps users by giving a progress bar which they can use to estimate the amount of time left in rebooting, and they can complete other small tasks in the meanwhile.
- The tweak adds the progress bar right below the Apple logo that is displayed on the reboot screen. The tweak depends on a particular specific system-related process that starts up before the tweak and then allows the tweak to be enabled. According to the developer, the tweak starts its function fairly later in the reboot process once the backboard component is started. That’s when the RespringProgress tweak starts working.
- In newer devices like the iPhone 6s and the iPad Air 2, the hardware is much faster and smoother, so the reboot process is smoother and quicker on those devices. But older iOS devices are comparatively slow and take significantly more time to reboot, which is why the RespringProgress tweak can help users when they become impatient while the device is rebooting.
- The tweak does not come with any preferences pane and starts working right away once installed.
RespringProgress supports iOS 9 devices and is available for $0.99 on the BigBoss repo in Cydia. Have you tried it yet ? Free download also possible via 3rd party repo sources.