Following on from the release of PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 and its subsequent update, Cydia has now been updated to let users download all the latest iOS 9.3.3 Cydia tweaks and apps. However, it also brings something else, another feature that is going to make life easier for users and allow them to make their purchases with complete confidence.
Image : Cydia Purchase Refund
The new feature is called the Self Service Refund System and it makes it easier for you to get refunds for tweaks that are not working properly. You must have bought the tweak within the last 24 hours to get the refund though but it does mean that you don’t have to go down the route of trying to get in contact with the developer first, many of whom are very busy and notoriously difficult to get hold of.
It is also hoped that this new system will encourage the developers to keep their tweaks fully updated and fix bugs when they arise in a bid to stop their customers requesting refunds for tweaks that don’t do what they say they do or are full of bugs. So, if you have purchased a tweak and it doesn’t work properly, provided you do it within 24 hours of purchase, you can follow these steps to get an immediate refund:
How to Get a Refund on your Cydia Tweaks :
- First, you should uninstall the tweak from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. To do this, open Cydia, go the description page for the tweak and tap on Modify. Then tap on Uninstall. You will need to remove this tweak from each of the iOS devices that you have installed it on
- As soon as the tweak has been properly removed, respring your iOS device and then go back into Cydia. Open the description page for the tweak again and look for the label that says, Package Officially Purchased. Underneath it is another label that says, Automatic Refund – tap on it
- You will now be taken to a Compensation page. Look for the button that says Click Here for Immediate Refund and tap on it
- Your purchase will be refunded and you will see a message reading Done when the action has competed successfully
- Go into your PayPal account and the amount should be shown as refunded into your account. If it isn’t there straight away, don’t panic because it can take a few minutes to show up – leave it and check again in a few minutes.
This is an excellent feature because it gives customers some reassurance that they can get their money back on a bad tweak instantly. There is a condition attached to this though – you will not be able to re-purchase any tweak that you have received a refund on, possibly until that package has been updated, so, if you do actually like the tweak and know that you will want to use it again in the future, you might consider contacting the developer first to see if any updates are due to fix the bugs.
Let us know if you try this and how you get on with it. Does it work as it should do ? Sign up to our free email newsletter and follow us on Facebook for more up to the minute jailbreak news and developments.