PPHelper is the latest jailbreak tool and is a joint effort from both PP and Pangu jailbreak teams. However, it isn’t a tool that everyone can use because it will only support the 64-bit iOS devices. It is also a semi-untethered jailbreak which means that the tool must be reinstalled again after rebooting your device. However, the good news on that front is that Luca Todesco has come up with a tool that automatically reactivates the jailbreak for you. You can find the download links and instructions on how to install at the given link. Below are the steps to follow to download and install PPHelper on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch .
Image : PPHelper Jailbreak Tutorial
Before Jailbreaking :
- Update iTunes to the latest version if needed
- Make sure you take a backup of your data through iTunes and iCloud – if anything goes wrong during the jailbreak and you haven’t done this, you will lose everything
- If you updated your iOS device using OTA, you will need to restore it through iTunes otherwise the jailbreak will not work
- Disable the following services on your device . You can enable them again afterward – Passcode, Touch ID, Find my iPhone | iPad
Install Cydia using PPHelper :
Choose from one of these methods. Method 1 uses PPHelper tool that works on a computer to install Cydia on your device . Method 2 works directly with Safari and requires no computer.
Method 1 : PPHelper Cydia Installer
- Click on the link to install PPHelper [ext link] onto your iOS device
- Connect your device to your computer
- Right-click the PPHelper icon [ on your desktop ] and choose Run as Administrator
- Let PPHelper detect your iOS device , if it doesn’t, disconnect and then reconnect your device
- Click on the big green Jailbreak button on the PPHelper screen
- Type in the Captcha code if you are requested to do so , you cannot go any further with the jailbreak if you don’t do this
- PPHelper is now going to prepare the jailbreak for your device
- When it has finished, tap the PPHelper icon on your home screen
- You now need to give permission for a profile to be added to your iOS device – this is critical to the success of the jailbreak
- Open Settings > Security on your device and tap on Profiles. Click Trust beside PPHelper
- Launch PP on your iOS device and allow Push Notifications
- Uncheck the box beside Install PP Assistant
- Now click on the Jailbreak button on your screen
- Lock the home screen on the device and wait for the Pangu notification. Ignore the Storage is Full message
- Cydia will be installed and your device will reboot
- Click the PP icon to check that the jailbreak was successful. If not, repeat these steps again
Method 2 : No Computer Required
Follow the steps to download Cydia on iOS 9.3.5 using only your device. No computer [ Mac or PC ] required for this process.
Subscribe to our Newsletter and you will be updated about the latest Cydia Jailbreak Updates.