iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have been released with much enthusiasm and those who haven’t received their new iPhones yet are eagerly waiting for it. These new twins are still sparkling new and haven’t even spent 24-hours of their life and the jailbreak community has already started bustling with efforts to replicate the features of the new iPhones. One good example is of the 3D Touch technology, which is supported only on the new iPhones due to new specific hardware built-in for that purpose. However, jailbreak tweaks like Touch 3D and Force Touch Activator have already replicated the feature for older iPhones.
Image : Photoslive – Live Photos for iPhone 6 and Older devices
Another of the new features in the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus is the Live Photos feature. This feature basically works by clicking a few snaps before and after you press the shutter button, thus delivering an animated picture. It also records an audio clip of the moment, literally bringing your moments to life. In case you are not buying the new iPhones but want the awesome Live Photos feature in your older iPhone, then you must thank the jailbreak community. Elias Limneos, a Greek developer, has released a tweak on Cydia called PhotosLive that replicates some features of Apple’s Live Photos.
- The PhotosLive tweak works on iPad 2 and above, and iPhone 4s and above.
- The Live Capture feature of this tweak is replicated from the Live Photos feature in the iPhone 6s. It has been designed to work in the same way as close as possible.
- Then there is another feature that replicates the Retina Flash feature of the new iPhone. With this feature, the display is illuminated with the maximum possible intensity to brighten the subject’s face when clicking selfies.
- Another feature in the PhotosLive tweak enables you to apply different filters to the Live Capture session directly.
- There is a native integration that enables you to use the captured image as a wallpaper or can share it to social networks directly as an animated GIF image.
- The developer ensures that the quality of the photos feels native and does not depreciate. A Live Capture with PhotosLive takes up about 2 to 4MB space on your device.
- The tweak looks very native and gels well with the iOS surrounding.
Video : PhotosLive in Action here
You can get PhotosLive from the BigBoss repo in Cydia. The tweak supports iOS 8.x iPhones and iPads. It is currently available for a discounted price of $1.99 for the first week. But at the end of the discount period, the price will turn $2.99. The tweak is also available for free at 3rd party repo’s.