Sending photos and videos to contacts can be a little cumbersome and tricky at times but Snapchat makes it easy. Snapchat is the number one video and photo messaging app, allowing you to send messages that are only viewable for a few seconds before they self-destruct. While there are lots of features to the app, we can always find more to use and that’s where Phantom comes in. Phantom for Snapchat is available through an app called Extensify [ext link] and it brings a lot of extra function to the app, all without having to install Cydia first.
Image : Phantom for Snapchat Download
Phantom Features :
Phantom will work on all iOS versions from iOS 7 to iOS 9. Some of the best features include :
- Keep your Snaps open in your Feed and choose when to mark them read
- Save your Snaps so you can read them later
- Disable the Hold gesture and keep your Snaps open
- Enable or disable Phantom as you want
- Select multiple contacts at the same time
- Save received media to your camera roll, a password protected folder or a photo album that you specify
- Send media to your contacts straight from your camera roll
- An image crop feature
- Override the set orientation using the Shake feature
- Make changes to the size, color and font on the captions and the background color
- Set a sound for Notifications
- Set Notifications for your Status bar
Configuration settings for the app can be found in a preferences pane for Phantom in your iOS Settings app.
How to Download Phantom for Snapchat :
- If you don’t have it, download Snapchat from the iOS app store [ext link]
- Download Extensify following the instructions in our download tutorial
- When Extensify has been installed on your iOS device, tap the icon to launch it
- Search for Phantom in Extensify
- Tap Get – you will see it beside the tweak. You are sending Phantom to a build session – tweaks in Extensify are called Exos and, because they don’t go system deep, you have to build a modified version of the app
- When the Phantom Exo has been built, you can install it to your device
The app icon on your home screen will be called Phantom +. All Extensify Exos are denoted with the + sign and are a modified version of the original app. If you want the system deep modification you are going to have to install Cydia and download your tweaks from there.
What do you think of Extensify and of Phantom for Snapchat ? Follow us on Facebook and Sign up to our free email newsletter for more tips and tutorials like this one.