Isn’t it annoying when your friends or cousins try to peek into the private folders of your iPhone ? It has become important nowadays to protect your data and apps with a security feature without completely locking your iOS device. Not many Cydia tweaks can do that.
Image : PanicLock Jailbreak App for Locking Specific Apps
For instance, you will be able to point towards a lot of tweaks that can lock apps with passwords, but for those users who don’t like to type passwords every time they enter an app, it can get quite frustrating. In case you never keep your apps locked but feel the need to lock them whenever you hand over your iOS device to another person, you should perhaps get the jailbreak tweak called PanicLock9.
PanicLock9 helps you lock apps very quickly within a couple of seconds even before anyone can notice it. Sounds interesting ? Let’s know about its features.
- You can use the PanicLock9 tweak to lock apps in your iOS device within a second by just performing a simple Activator gesture. After the apps have been locked, they will not open whenever anyone taps on those app icons any number of times. The lock can then be disabled again by using the same gesture.
- The tweak comes with a preferences pane of its own that can be found in the stock Settings app after installing the tweak. In the preferences, you can choose the Activator gesture to use with the tweak, and you can choose the apps that you want to lock with that gesture.
- There are other options in the prefereces, like enabling or disabling vibration when the tweak is invoked.
How to Use :
- After installing the PanicLock9 tweak, navigate to Settings > PanicLockprefs.
- Now you will need to choose an activation method. You need to assign an Activator gesture that you want to use to disable or enable PanicLock9. You can even use volume rocker or the Home button with the gesture.
- Then choose the apps that you want to use with the PanicLock tweak. Only those apps will be locked when you perform the specific gesture.
- The gesture to lock and unlock the apps is the same. The best way to use the tweak is to assign such a gesture that uses the physical buttons on your iOS device. This will help you activate the tweak without drawing attention of other people.
PanicLock9 is supported on all devices running iOS 9. You can get the tweak from the BigBoss repo in Cydia by paying just $0.99. 3rd party repos offer the tweak for free. Your device must have Cydia installed to get the downloads.