For some people, their iPhone is more than just a phone. It’s a media center, one that they use on a regular basis, even plugging it into the car for music on the go. However, one issue seems to have reared its head with increasing regularity. A lot of people are finding that they cannot use their music controls after updating to iOS 7. It works for changing the volume but not for moving through tracks. Some find it only falters on the lock screen while, for others it doesn’t even work within the Control Center on the Home screen.
Image : iOS Music Controls Not Working
There are a few potential fixes although these are not working for everyone.
Upgrade to iOS 7.0.3 :
If you haven’t already done so, this should be your first port of call; it has fixed the issue for some users.
- Open Settings > General > Software Update.
- If you need to update, tap on Download and Install
- Connect your iPhone and computer together and open iTunes
- Click on Device Summary
- Click on Check For Updates
- Click on Download and Install
- Close all running apps down and shut off the phone by holding the Power and Home buttons down together
- Your iPhone will restart and all should be back as it was
Reset all Settings
- Open Settings>General>Reset
- Tap on Reset all Settings
- Set up your iPhone how you want it again afterwards; you should find the music controls are working again
Deactivate/Reactivate Control Center
- Open Settings>General>Passcode Lock
- Deactivate your passcode
- Back to Settings Main Menu
- Tap on Control Center and turn off access on the lock screen.
- Restart your iPhone
- Go back into Settings > Control Center
- Reactivate lock screen access.
- Check to see if your music controls are working, if not, restart your iPhone again
- Now you can reactivate your passcode and you should find music controls are working again
If none of these work, please contact Apple Customer Support. If you do find any other fixes please let us know in the comments box below. For more Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest news.