iOS 8.4 has made our iPhones so much more better with a lot of performance and stability upgrades. Apple Music and Beats 1 Radio have just made the iPhone experience more fun. However, most of the iPhone users find it hard to live without installing Cydia on their devices to increase the features and capabilities.
Image : Installing Cydia on iOS 8.4 using your your Mac
However, there was no way to install Cydia on iPhone using Mac until now. The PP and Mac tools were only available on Windows and Mac users had to go through the hassles of using Windows emulators. But now that the TaiG and PP tools are available for Mac too, installing Cydia on iPhone using Mac has become blazingly fast.
So if you want to install Cydia on your iPhone using Mac, this guide will help you step-by-step. Both the PP and TaiG tools work perfectly, so you can choose any one of them to install Cydia on your iPhone.
Install Cydia on iPhone using TaiG for Mac :
Image Credits : Many thanks to TaigJailbreak.org for letting us use thier images for illustration purpose .
Before installing Cydia, backup your iPhone’s data completely with iTunes or iCloud just in case a data loss occurs.
- A fresh restore is required for the TaiG tool to install Cydia on your iPhone smoothly. So Download iOS 8.4 firmware and perform a fresh restore of your iPhone with iTunes.
- Next, download the TaiG Tool For Mac OS X.
- Browse to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone in your iPhone and toggle of the Find My iPhone feature.
- Similarly, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to toggle Passcode/Touch ID off.
- Now quit Xcode and iTunes as asked by TaiG.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac. If you get a prompt on your iPhone saying Trust This Computer ?, simply tap on the Trust button.
- Launch the TaiG tool for Mac that you downloaded the Step 2. If the tool does not open and you see a security alert instead , follow this tutorial.
- Make sure that the 3K Assistant option is unchecked in the TaiG tool.
- Click on the Start button to finally begin Cydia installation on your iPhone.
- After the installation has completed, your iPhone will reboot and you will find Cydia on the home screen.
Done ! You can now re-enable Find My iPhone and Touch ID – Passcode.
Install Cydia on iPhone using PP Jailbreak Tool for Mac :
- Download iOS 8.4 and perform a fresh restore on your iPhone, as the PP tool does not work well with OTA updates.
- You can lose your data during Cydia installation, so do not forget to backup your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes.
- Charge your iPhone completely before starting the Cydia installation process.
- If you have got an Apple Watch, then make sure that it is disconnected from your iPhone.
- Switch off the Bluetooth.
- The iTunes on your Mac must be updated to the latest version or it may cause installation errors.
- If Xcode and iTunes apps are running on your Mac, quit them both.
- You need to firstly Download the PP Tool for Mac. Once downloaded, you need to extract the zip file to get the tool. Move the tool to the Applications folder. Your iPhone should not be connected to your Mac at this point.
- Now launch the tool. In case you get an error stating that the tool cannot be opened, just follow this easy tutorial to solve the problem.
- Toggle off Find My iPhone in your iPhone by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and turning it OFF.
- Also toggle off Passcode|Touch ID by browsing to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and then tapping the Turn Passcode Off option.
- You must now connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- The PP tool’s main window has a check-box in it on the left bottom side labelled as Install PP Helper. Make sure it remains unchecked.
- Now click on the Jailbreak button and then the Continue button to start installing Cydia on your iPhone.
- Just wait patiently for the process to complete. Until then, do not disturb the device or the tool.
- After a while, the installation process will complete and the iPhone will reboot. You will now find Cydia on your home screen.
Note : After installing Cydia, you may notice that it is not updated to the latest version. So before using it, you must update Cydia by browsing to the Changes tab in Cydia and tapping the Refresh button. After the packages have reloaded, you need to search for Cydia Installer and update it. Link: Tutorial to Update Cydia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for latest news and tutorials and follow us on Facebook .