If you are a long-time jailbreak user, you will know that there are numerous tweaks available in Cydia for customizing the App Switcher in iOS. Some tweaks allow minor tweaking, while other tweaks allow huge renovations of the App Switcher. Seng and Auxo 3 are some of the very popular App Switcher tweaks for changing the look of the iOS App Switcher and adding more features to it. If you are constantly look for such tweaks and have tried many of them, you should try one more tweak named Lylac.
Image : Lylac – AppSwitcher Integration on Control Center
How is Lylac different ? Well, the tweak provides amazing customization options by bringing together the App Switcher and the Control Center. The result is a great multitasking experience with great features. Read more about the tweak below.
- With the Lylac tweak, you get the best of both worlds. The tweak combines the iOS App Switcher and Control Center so that you can access both from one screen.
- You can go to the new App Switcher interface by just swiping up on the screen or double-pressing the Home button. The new App Switcher gives you access to various toggles, music controls, and Quick Launch apps.
- If you own iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, there’s good news for you. Lylac supports 3D Touch, and you won’t find this functionality in other App Switcher tweaks. This feture allows you to bring up the App Switcher by simply pressing on the right edge of the screen. As of now, it does not work smoothly every time, but we’re sure the developer will look into it in the future updates.
- You can quit all the running apps from the App Switcher by doing a swipe-up action on the preview card of the Home screen. To bring up options like reboot, respring, safe mode, etc., you need to swipe down on that card.
- The preferences pane of the Lylac tweak can be found in the stock Settings app and allows you to take control over the customization part. You can add some style to the App Switcher, apply cool effects, whitelist apps, and do much more.
The Lylac tweak gives a kind of freshness to the App Switcher and offers useful features. If you are a fan of App Switcher tweaks, then you must definitely try it at least once. Even though it still needs to go through a few more updates to pluck out some rough bits, it’s definitely very good. The tweak is compatible with iOS 9. It is available to download for $1.99 in Cydia at the BigBoss repo. Free download also possible via 3rd party repo sources.