While Apple provides us with a perfectly adequate messages app, that’s about all it is – adequate. One of the biggest reasons that people jailbreak is to download tweaks that give their messages app more functionality, to make it more useful. The latest tweak to come out provide us with something that Apple should perhaps consider – Text Message Scheduling, a feature that allows you to schedule messages to be sent in the future.
Image : Schedule SMS on iPhone using Kairos
The name of the tweak is Kairos and its main function is to make scheduling text messages easy. It is built into the stock app, meaning you won’t see any app icons and it will work right from installation, without the need to reboot your device or to have to change any settings.
How to Use Kairos :
- Jailbreak your iOS device , install Cydia iOS 9 or the latest version available .
- Now search and install Kairos from there
- When you go into your Messages app type your iMessage or SMS and the tap and hold the Send button
- Two options will appear – those of you who use BiteSMS will likely recognize them as being similar. The options are Switch Service and Schedule
- Switch Service gives you the option of sending the message as an SMS or an iMessage
- The Schedule button is the one we are interested
- Tap on it and you will see a box with date and time in it – Select the date and the time that you want the message to be sent. If you change your mind and decide that you want to send the message straight away, there is a button that says Send Now. Tapping on that will cancel out the schedule and send the message immediately
- Look to the bottom of the interface – you will see a button on the left and a button on the right – they may be partially covered by a GUI on your device but you can still tap on them. The left button is Cancel and the right button is Confirm
- Tap the Confirm button and your message will be scheduled for the time and the date you chose.
- Go to the Thread View in Messages and you will see a new button that looks like a folder on. Tap on it and you will see all of the messages you have scheduled and you can see if they are iMessages or SMS, as well as a message preview, the name of the recipient and the time it is to be sent.
On the chosen date and time, that message will automatically be sent to the recipient and you check your time stamps in Messages to make sure it went.
While you don’t need to make any changes to settings if you don’t want to there are a couple that can be tweaked in the preference pane that gets added to Settings :
- Enable or disable the tweak
- Enable or disable haptic feedback when you tap and hold Send
That’s pretty much it. Kairos is a nice easy tweak to use that integrates well with the stock Messages app. You can download it today for just $0.99 from the BigBoss repository on Cydia so give it a go and let us know what you think of it. Free download also possible via 3rd party repo sources.