Apple has been busy again, releasing several updates in the last few days including Mac OS Sierra and iOS 10.3 download [ext link] . As usual, to complement the new releases and provide support for the updates, iTunes has also been updated to v12.6, some 5 weeks or so after the last update. This is a bigger release this time around with new features added as well as the usual enhancements and bug fixes.
Image : iTunes Download
iTunes 12.6 Features :
- Rent Once, Watch Anywhere. Now you can rent an iTunes movie on one device and watch it on any other, provided it is on iOS 10.3 or TVOS 10.2. Before this update, it was only possible to watch the movie on the device you used to rent it on
- Minor app improvements
- Small enhancements to performance
- Bug fixes
Below are the steps on how to update to iTunes 12.6 and, if you haven’t updated to iOS 10.2.1 yet, you can find a tutorial complete with download links here.
Download iTunes :
- You can update to iTunes 12.6 by clicking on this link here [ext link] and downloading the new version. Alternatively, you can do it through AppStore > Update and iTunes itself on your computer .
- Open iTunes
- Click on the taskbar and select Check for Updates from the drop down menu
- iTunes will now check for any updates
- When it finds the new version, a pop-up window will appear , follow the instructions to update iTunes
We expect the next update to iTunes to be released alongside iOS 10.3 in April 2017. Until then, users can update to the latest version either through the Updates tab on iTunes, through the Mac app store or direct from the internet.
What do you think of the new improved iTunes ? Does it help you to find what you want easier ? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you get all the latest updates.