iOS 9 was made public on September 16th 2015 and, we have Cydia on iOS 9 here finally, after almost one month of waiting. If you are looking to download Cydia iOS 9 and jailbreak your iOS 9 upto iOS 9.3.5 device , this is the right place to do that. Keep reading for Cydia iOS 9 download .
Image : Download Cydia iOS 9
There are a couple of ways for you to get Cydia on your iOS 9 iPad, iPod, or iPhone . All these methods are listed below and explained step by step. Please follow the tutorial for details.
Quick Links :
Method 1 : Safari Method
You don’t need a computer for this method . If you are looking to get Cydia on iOS 9 , while waiting for the Cydia iOS 9 installer to release , this tip will come in handy . Internet connection on your mobile is required . Detailed video given below .
- Make sure you have iOS 9.x.x firmware on your device . This tutorial is specifically designed to supports iOS 9 upto iOS 9.3.5 devices
- Open Safari on your iOS 9 device [ iPhone or iPod Touch] . You have to choose Safari since Google Chrome and other iOS browsers will not work with these steps .
- Now simply open this URL https://cydiainstaller.app [ copy-paste in browser ] as indicated in the image below .
- Now tap the Up arrow at the bottom of the screen as shown here .
- On the next screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- This will save the Cydia app icon to your home screen but first you must name it . Call it Cydia for ease and tap on Add
- The Cydia icon should now be visible on your iOS 9 Home screen . Open the app icon to stay updated to Cydia iOS 9 status .
Video : Here is a step by step process on video of the above method for your convenience
Method 2 : Home Depot
Home Depot jailbreak was released for the older 32-bit devices on iOS 9.3.x, to give them a chance to jailbreak where the others are only for 64-bit devices. You can’t download it straight to your iPhone or iPad, you do need to use Cydia Impactor to side-load it and it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. You can find full instructions on how to download Home Depot Jailbreak at the given link.
Method 3 : Pangu Jailbreak
You will need your PC or Mac to do this jailbreak and the most up to date jailbreak utility [ Pangu 9 jailbreak used in this tutorial] that needs to be downloaded from the web . For deleting this jailbreak you have to restore your device on iTunes . Not to mention , you should backup your device first before doing the jailbreak .
- Download the latest iOS 9 jailbreak utility – Pangu 9 [ ext link]
- Use your lightning cable to connect your device to your PC
- Open the jailbreak . We have used Pangu 9 jailbreak for this reference in this tutorial . Windows users should right-click the icon and select Run as Administrator
- Wait for the jailbreak to detect your iOS device
- Click Start button once the device is detected to proceed with the jailbreak .
- Do not touch anything unless the jailbreak utility requests you to do so [ Image Credits : DownloadPangu.org ]
- Your device will reboot a couple of times throughout the process and, when you see the Cydia icon on your home screen, the jailbreak has been successful .
Latest Cydia Update :
iOS 10 has also been jailbroken should you have gone ahead and updated but it is only for 64-bit devices. You can download Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10 – iOS 10.2 by following the guide at the given link and for more jailbreak updates, follow us on Facebook .