When iOS 9.3.1 was finally released to the public, there were a lot of people asking if it was worth updating. Back when iOS 9.1 jailbreak [ext link] was released, many users had already updated their devices to iOS 9.2 and that left them without the option to jailbreak. For those of you that did go ahead and update to iOS 9.3.1 in the hopes of a new jailbreak utility being released, the good news is, it has been.
Image : Cydia iOS 9.3.1 Download Update
The jailbreak was released by Pangu and PP Assistant and is available for iOS 9.2 to 9.3.3 which means you don’t need to worry about having to downgrade your device to take advantage of it, especially as Apple is no longer signing iOS 9.3 or lower anyway. This really is fantastic news for jailbreakers; all we have seen in the last few months are jailbreaks that we can’t use because they are not being released to the public or only work on certain devices.
PPHelper does have a couple of caveats to it – first, it is on in Chinese but, although an English version is to be released soon, so that you don’t miss out now, we have prepared a step-by-step English tutorial with images for you to use. Second, the jailbreak will only work on Windows but, as soon as a Mac solution is found we’ll pass the details on. Finally, Cydia iOS 9.3.1 is only going to work on 64-bit devices so anything older is not going to be able to use it.
Supported Devices :
These are the devices that PPHelper jailbreak for iOS 9.3.1 will work on :
- iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
How to Install Cydia for iOS 9.3.1 :
There are two methods to choose from here, one with a computer and one without:
Method 1 : PPHelper Jailbreak
To install Cydia iOS 9.3.1 onto your device, follow the instructions for PPHelper jailbreak that will give you step by step guide to download cydia on iOS 9.3.1 using your computer.
Method 2 : Safari Method to download Cydia iOS 9.3.1
- Open safari browser on your iOS device
- Go to the search engine that you use and type in the search box Cydia Download. When the results appear, look for cydiaios7.com
- Tap on the result and you will see a page that has been designed for the Cydia iOS 9.3.1 app icon download
- At the bottom of the page, look for the Up arrow and tap on it
- From the options that come up, click on Add to Home screen
- Next, rename the icon to Cydia and tap on Add
- Close down Safari and the Cydia iOS 9.3.1 app icon should be on your home page.
Video : Above steps explained in detailed video
To stay up to date with all the latest jailbreak developments, including when a Mac solution for Cydia iOS 9.3.1 is released, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter using the box below. We will send the updates straight to your inbox.