Apple launched the latest iOS 8.4 , but it wasn’t just any other Apple update. The new OS was released with a lot of enthusiasm, and yes, the much-awaited Apple Music ! Apple’s own music streaming service is here along with Beats 1 radio station, security fixes, and many other stability improvements. But that was not it, as another surprise was waiting for the iOS users. iOS 8.4 jailbreak was released just an hour later to add to the excitement and since then, we have got two jailbreaks for iOS 8.4 – the PP jailbreak and the TaiG jailbreak, so installing Cydia on iOS 8.4 is possible. Update : iOS 9 users follow this tutorial for Cydia iOS 9 Download . iOS 8.1.3 upto 8.3 users can read this tutorial for Cydia download .
Image : Download Cydia 8.4
Both the tools are working equally fine apart from some occasional installation errors in the TaiG tool. So in case you have upgraded your iOS device to iOS 8.4 and want to install Cydia on it, this tutorial will guide you smoothly.
Install Cydia on 8.4 using TaiG :
- TaiG 2.3.1 is a Windows-only tool, so you must have a Windows PC or a virtual Windows machine on your Mac. Another important thing to note is that you need to update your iTunes to the latest version, as older versions may cause conflicts or installation errors.
- Now turn off your Passcode by going to Settings and tapping on Passcode. Enter the passcode when prompted and then select Turn Passcode Off.
- You also need to turn Find My Phone off. Go to Settings and tap on iCloud. Then tap on Find My Phone there. Now enter your Apple ID with password and Find My Phone will be turned off.
After taking care of the above given points, follow these steps to install Cydia on your iOS 8.4 device:
- Get the TaiG 2.3.1 tool from this link. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to your desktop to get the TaiG tool.
- Now connect your iOS 8.4 device to your computer running Windows.
- Then launch the TaiG 2.3.1 tool that you downloaded initially in Administrator Mode. To do this, right-click on the tool and click on Run As Administrator.
- Ensure that the 3K Assistant check-box is unchecked.
- Now click the Start button to begin the process of Cydia installation.
- Wait patiently for a few minutes.
- After the tool has finished jailbreaking your device, you will find Cydia installed on your home screen. Now launch Cydia in order to start the Cydia initialization process.
Install Cydia on iOS 8.4 with PP Jailbreak Tool :
The PP tool, similarly like the TaiG tool, works only on Windows. So those of you who do not own a Windows PC and have a Mac, you can install an emulator and run a copy of Windows in that virtual machine; it will work just fine. Even though the PP tool is in Chinese, it is utterly simple and you can easily use it to install Cydia by following the below-given easy steps.
Install PP Jailbreak for iOS 8.4:
- Download the PP tool first.
- When it has been downloaded, launch the tool.
- Now plug your iOS 8.4 device to your computer.
- You will notice that there are some things written in Chinese in the interface of the PP tool. There is just one elliptical button in the middle. Click on it.
- Now the PP tool will start loading some components and will start installing Cydia on your device. Your device may reboot one or two times. It is perfectly normal if the progress gets stuck for a few seconds at 3/8 or 5/8 progress mark.
- After the process has completed, you can see the green check mark denoting the same.
- Now you can see the Cydia app on your home screen. Congrats !
The above-given two methods are the only way to Cydia on your iOS 8.4 device as of now. Both of them perfectly, though it has been seen that some users have been experiencing installation errors or some other errors in the TaiG tool. No such error has been detected yet in the PP tool, so you can go ahead and use it without any worries to install Cydia on your device. Now go ahead and enjoy your favourite Cydia Tweaks .
Also Read : How to Download Cydia on 8.4.1 iOS