Jailbreaks used to be readily available but not anymore. We seem to have gone full circle, back to a time when utilities were few and far between and limited in use. It doesn’t help that Apple has introduced new security features and that they are constantly updating the iOS with bug fixes and security fixes and the latest release is iOS 11.4.1. Thankfully, we can install Cydia on iOS 11.4.1 so keep reading for all the details.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.4.1 Download
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.4.1 :
There are two methods, both requiring Safari browser:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari browser on your device
- Go to cydiaios7.com
- Wait while the page loads and then tap the UP arrow , top right or bottom center of your screen
- A new page will open, choose Add to Home Screen from the options at the bottom
- Type Cydia into the box so your icon has a name . Tap Add and close Safari , the Cydia icon is on your home screen
Video: Watch to see these steps
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced ]
This method is a little more complex so follow the steps exactly as written:
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to this [ link ]
- On the page that loads, tap on the link to Directly Install so that the profile can be downloaded to your device
- Your Settings app is going to open automatically; when it does tap on Install Profile
- Type your passcode in and Safari browser will open
- Tap on Install Cydia and then tap Install on the confirmation box
- Settings opens again, tap on Install>Next>Done on each page as it opens
- Wait for the installation to finish, close Safari and the Cydia icon in on your home page
If you don’t see the icon, you will need to repeat the steps to ensure the installation is successful
Stop Cydia Crashing :
Because of the way you are downloading Cydia and because it is not an official app, it will crash and stop working within a few days. This is because Apple has revoked the app certificate, but you can stop this from happening. Simply install NessTool VPN tool to protect your certificates and save yourself the hassle of having to keep reinstalling Cydia. Find out more about NessTool and how to download it at the link.
Alternatives to Cydia :
Cydia will not work on every device but there are some alternatives. These third-party app installers offer some Cydia content but without you needing to jailbreak. They are not as comprehensive as Cydia, but they do provide a viable alternative:
- Tutu App
Tutu App is one of the early installers to be released and is home to a wide range of apps and games, You can download a few tweaks, lots of modified apps like Spotify++ and Snapchat++, tweaked games like Pokémon Go++ and loads of paid app store content for free. Check out the link to find out how to download Tutu App on your device.
Emus4U is a little different in that it offers us access to a series of games emulators. At one time we could only get these from Cydia and they are the only way to play console games on our devices. Emus4U offers several emulators, along with other useful content. Find out how to download Emus4U on your device by clicking the link
Can you download Cydia for iOS 11.4.1 on your device? Let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more updates.