We used to take it for granted that, no matter what update Apple released, it would be followed very quickly by a jailbreak, so it comes as a shock to the system when it all seems to grind to a halt. Ever since Apple released iOS 10, the number of jailbreak utilities has dropped significantly and those that do get released are limited in who can use them. Apple is determined not to make the mistakes they made with previous iOS versions and are now releasing updates to fix bugs on a frighteningly fast basis and this is one of the things that is stopping the jailbreak teams. Now, the iOS 11.3 download [ext link] is here but, unlike previous versions, we can install Cydia on this one, in two different ways. Read on for more details.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.3 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.3 :
Choose from these two methods, both will only work on the Safari browser:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to the address bar
- Type in cydiaios7.com and tap Go
- When the page has loaded, tap the UP arrow, top right or bottom center of your screen
- This loads a new screen with more options, tap Add to Home Screen
- Type Cydia in the box to name the icon . Tap the Add button and close Safari
- Cydia is now on your home screen, ready to use
Video: See how these steps are done
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
You must follow these steps as written otherwise Cydia will not be installed:
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and then open this [ link ]
- A Cydia information page opens, click the link to Install Profile so that the profile may be downloaded to your device
- When your settings app has opened, tap the Install Profile link and then type in your passcode
- This will open Safari, tap on Install Cydia and then confirm by tapping Install on the box
- Settings will launch once more, tap on Install > Next > Done
- When the installation has finished, the Cydia icon will be on your home screen and ready for you to use
If you do not see the icon, the installation has not been successful. Repeat the above steps
Fix Cydia Crashing Issue :
Because Cydia cannot be downloaded from the iOS app store and because Apple doesn’t sign the certificate they do not consider it to be a valid app. This means that, within a few days of installing it, they will revoke the certificate, causing Cydia to crash. Reinstalling everything is time-consuming, especially if you have a lot of tweaks and apps so the best thing to do is prevent it crashing in the first pale. NessTool is a small VPN tool that protects your certificates, so they can’t be revoked. Get a NessTool download guide and more information by following the linked article.
Cydia Alternatives :
Sadly, Cydia still will not work on all devices so some of you are not going to be able to use it for all your favorite apps and tweaks. The good news is that there are a lot of alternatives, third-party app installers that offer a small amount of Cydia without needing to jailbreak so check out these alternatives:
- Tutu App
Tutu App is a very comprehensive installer and is also one of the most used. Packed with features, users can choose from modified ++ apps, like Spotify++ and Instagram++, as well as a decent choice of other Cydia tweaks. As well, there is a whole load of paid and premium app store content to choose from, all free and all simple to download. Click the link for a full Tutu App [ext link] download tutorial and more information.
For some, the main reason for installing Cydia is to get their favorite games emulators. These give us the means to play console games on our iPhone or iPad and Emus4U has some of the best ones, supporting the PS1, Gameboy, and Nintendo games. There are other tweaks, lots of paid content for free and modified ++ apps to choose from so find out all the details and how you can download Emus4U [ext link] at the linked post.
Tell us how you get on, whether it is with Cydia or with one of the third-party alternatives and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news and updates.