Cydia has become a way of life for us, something that we have gotten used to downloading with just about every iOS version but when iOS 10 was released it all slowed down. Apple said they were introducing new features that would seriously hamper the efforts of the jailbreak developer teams and, given that the only jailbreak released was Yalu, it seems that they succeeded. iOS 11 looked to be following the same route, with no iOS 11.2 jailbreak [ext link] expected, given the number of updates released for it, the latest being the iOS 11.2 download [ext link]. However, there is some good news; we can download Cydia iOS 11.2 and here’s how.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2 Download
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.2 :
You can do this in two ways , an easy one and a more advanced one
Method 1: With Safari Browser
You only need your iPhone or iPad with a good internet connection for this but note that you can only use Safari browser , none of the others will work
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Safari browser
- From the address bar, go to downloadcydia.org
- When our mobile web page loads, look at the top right [ iPad ] or bottom center [ iPhone ] of your screen for the UP arrow and tap it
- A new screen will open, and you will see a few options along the bottom of it , tap Add to Home Screen
- Wait for a new window to popup; you will need to provide a name for the icon so type in Cydia and then tap on the Add button
- Now you can close Safari and look on your home screen for the Cydia icon
Video: This will show you how to do these steps
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak
So far, for both iOS 10 and iOS 11, Yalu Jailbreak has proven to be the only way to download Cydia but we can’t all use it. For those that can it’s a godsend in the absence of any contact with other teams, like PP, Taig, or Pangu, teams that provided us with so many jailbreaks in the past and now seem to have disappeared. The good news is, Todesco has updated Yalu so that we can download Cydia iOS 11.2; the bad news is, like iOS 10, Yalu is limited in who can use it :
Image : Yalu App
- The only devices that Yalu jailbreak will work on are the 64-bit iPhones
- Yalu is a semi-untethered utility. For those that have never used one before, it means that, whenever your iPhone reboots, Yalu must be reactivated but, to take the strain, Extender Installer tool will do this automatically for you
- Lastly, Cydia Impactor is the only way to get Yalu onto your iPhone and for that you are going to need your Apple ID. Luckily, you don’t need to use your primary account you can set up a dummy Apple ID that works with Cydia Impactor
So, if you can download Yalu jailbreak and you fancy giving it a go, you will find a full tutorial, along with other information, in the given links below :
- Download Yalu Jailbreak [ Full Tutorial]
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2
How to Stop Cydia from Crashing :
When you use Cydia Impactor and your Apple ID to install an app, be prepared for it to crash within 7 days. The only way to get it back is to reinstall it and that means starting from scratch again. And, if you do that, it will crash again; the reason is that Apple will revoke any app certificate that they do not sign. To stop that from happening, to ensure that you can continue to use Cydia without interruption, you must download Anti Revoke [ext link]. This tool will block Apple from revoking the certificates and leaving your apps intact. For more details, click the given link.
Cydia Alternatives :
vShare is an incredibly popular alternative to Cydia, although, at one time it could only be got through Cydia. Now, though, it can be downloaded without a jailbreak very easily. vShare [ext link] is the easiest way to get free access to all the paid and premium content you could ever want and is very simple to get. To download vShare, just click on the given link and follow the guide we have drawn up for you.
Tutu App :
Another good alternative to Cydia, although not one that will ever fully replace it, is TutuApp. This is an app installer that provides some of what Cydia used to, tweaks and apps, along with paid content for free and lots of modified apps, like Snapchat++. You can’t get it from the app store but it is very easy to download TutuApp by clicking the link and following our step by step guide.
So, which way are you turning , Cydia iOS 11.2 or an app installer ? Let us know how you get on with whatever you choose and get all the latest iOS 11.2 jailbreak updates by following us on Facebook .