Up to iOS 10, we could install Cydia on pretty much every iOS version but with the inclusion of new security features, Apple put a stop to it. It took some time, but we did get one jailbreak for iOS 10, Yalu, although it was limited to the 64-bit iPhone. Now, with iOS 11.2.5 download [ext link] out, there are concerns that we will have to wait even longer for a new jailbreak but, you will be happy to learn, we can install Cydia iOS 11.2.5; read on to find out how.
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2.5 Download Tutorial
How to Download Cydia iOS 11.2.5 :
You can download in one of two ways, an easy way and a more advanced way but both methods will only work on Safari browser on your device.
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari and go to cydiaios7.com
- When our mobile page is fully loaded, tap the UP arrow , top or bottom of your screen
- This will open a new screen; tap on Add to Home Screen from the options at the bottom
- A name needs to be provided for the icon so type Cydia into the box and then tap on Add
- Now, when you come out of Safari, the new Cydia icon will be on your home page
Video: Shows you how to download Cydia on iOS 11.2.5
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
Do make sure that these steps are carefully followed to ensure success:
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to this [ link ]
- Read the Cydia information page and then tap the Install link so that the profile can be downloaded to your device
- Your Settings app will automatically open so tap on Install Profile and type your passcode in
- Now Safari will open again, tap Install Cydia and then when the confirmation box opens, tap on Install
- Settings will open again, tap Install > Next
- Tap on Done and wait for Cydia to be installed
- If it doesn’t work, you will need to go back and do these steps again
How to Stop Cydia Crashing :
Cydia is not an official app store app and, because of this, Apple will revoke the certificate. Within a couple of days of you installing Cydia, it will crash and stop working and the only way to get it back is to reinstall it using the steps above. By downloading NessTool [ext link] VPN tool you can stop Apple from revoking the certificate so that you can use Cydia in peace. Find out how this works and how you can download it by clicking on the link.
Cydia Alternatives :
If you can’t download Cydia on your device or you would rather not, there are some other options you can choose from. Several app installers have been released in the last few months and these are two of the best ones:
- Tutu App
Tutu App is third-party app installer that offers a great range of content that you could once only get by jailbreaking. As well as some of the more popular jailbreak tweaks, you can also download some ++ modified apps like Spotify++, Snapchat++ and Pokémon Go++. There is also lots of premium app store content for free and loads of other apps that you won’t find anywhere else. Find out how to download Tutu App [ext link] by clicking on the link
Emus4U is another app installer, this time aimed primarily at those who used to download games emulators from Cydia. These let us play some of the best old-school console games, like those from Nintendo or PS1, on our iOS devices. There are a few of the best to pick from in Emus4U, along with some modified apps and games, a few Cydia tweaks and some of the top paid apps for free. Have a look at the link and find out more about Emus4U [ext link] and how to download it.
While neither of these installers will replace Cydia they are comprehensive enough to take its place until a new jailbreak that we can all use is released. If you can’t download Cydia right now, try them and see how you get on.
For more updates and jailbreak news, follow us on Facebook.