When iOS 10 was first released in September, we expected an update to Cydia to follow soon after. Unfortunately, that did not happen and there are several reasons for that. Apple promised that they would put the boot in as far as jailbreaking was concerned and the introduction of Rootless technology with iOS 10 seems to have caused something of a jam for jailbreak teams. Add to that the constant stream of iOS 10 updates and we can see how difficult it has been for the jailbreakers. However, it seems that they are not to be beaten as we now have an update to Cydia for the latest release, iOS 10.2.1 download [ext link]. It’s called Yalu and you can find out how to download it
Image : Cydia iOS 10.2.1 Update
How to Download Cydia iOS 10.2.1 :
There are two ways to do this. Both of these methods are explained below. The first method is the most simple method for Cydia download. However if it fails , you can try the second method using Yalu jailbreak installer. This is a more complex method than the first but has a fair success rate.
Method 1 : Safari Method
- From the home screen on your iOS device, launch the Safari browser [ no other browser will work for this ]
- Go to cydiaios7.com and wait for the web page to load up
- From your iPad go to the top right corner of the screen and on your iPhone, go to the bottom center and tap on the UP arrow
- From the choices at the bottom of the screen, choose Add to Home Screen
- Name your app icon Cydia and tap on the Add button
- Come out of Safari and the Cydia app icon will show up on your home screen. Tap on it for instant Cydia iOS 10.2.1 updates
Video: This is a visual walkthrough of the steps above
Method 2 : Yalu Jailbreak
You can download Cydia iOS 10.2.1 right now but first, there are a few caveats to the jailbreak.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
- This is not the most stable or bug free Cydia downloads so be aware that there are likely to be some instability issues. If you get too many problems you can delete Yalu jailbreak very easily
- You will need to download Cydia Impactor to get Cydia onto your device and for that, you are going to have to use a valid Apple ID
- As this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you must reinstall it whenever you reboot your iPhone or iPad. Should that change, we will let you know
For all the information, you need about installing Cydia iOS 10.2.1 on your device, check out the link below :
Image : Cydia iOS 10.2.1
To get all the latest Cydia for iOS 10.2.1 updates on your device, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.