When Apple released iOS 10 is September, we had high hopes that we would see Cydia iOS 10 fairly quickly. Unfortunately, instead of a jailbreak we got more iOS updates instead, with the latest being iOS 10.1.1, another minor bug fix in Apple’s bid to keep iOS 10 as clean and smooth as possible. It breaks the previous Cydia 10.1 , but there is good news for Cydia iOS 10.1.1 seekers. Downloading Cydia on iOS 10.1.1 is possible. Keep reading for more details.
Image : Cydia iOS 10.1.1 Download
Method 1 : Quick Download Cydia iOS 10.1.1
This tutorial works on both 32 bit and 64 bit iOS devices running the latest iOS 10.1.1 firmware.
- Make sure you have iOS 10.1.1 download [ext link] installed and running on your iPhone or iPad .
- Now launch Safari browser on your iOS device
- Now simply open this url cydiaios7.com as shown below .
- Now tap the Up arrow at the bottom of the screen of your iPhone as shown here . iPad users will find that at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Name it Cydia and tap on Add
- The Cydia iOS 10.1.1 app should will be installed on your homescreen.
Video : Here is the above process step by step on video
Method 2 : Yalu Jailbreak
Yalu jailbreak is the newest way for us to download Cydia on iOS 10.1.1 and it comes to us from a very unexpected source. Luca Todesco is better known for showing us jailbreaks but not for sharing them. However, in the last few weeks, he has become very active in the public jailbreak are, first telling us that jailbreaking was getting harder to do and now providing us with the one thing we have been waiting for.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
Before You Jailbreak :
Todesco does advise that this could be the last way to download Cydia for the foreseeable future and many users are going to want to take advantage of that. However, there are some things to be aware of first:
- Yalu is a beta version of the jailbreak and is not going to be all that stable. For those that want to use it to download Cydia on iOS 10.1.1, be aware that it is likely to be somewhat buggy and, if you really don’t need to jailbreak at this time, you may be better off waiting until Todesco has updated it.
- For those that used PPHelper jailbreak, it should come as no surprise that this is also a semi-untethered jailbreak. If you are unaware of what this is, it means that, whenever you reboot your iPhone or iPad, you are going to have to reactivate the jailbreak
- Lastly, you must use Cydia Impactor to side load Cydia onto your iOS devices and, for this, you need an Apple ID, either a free one or a paid Apple developers account
If, after all of that, you are still convinced that you want to install Cydia on your iOS 10.1.1 device, head to the link below for a full tutorial on how to do it.
Let us know if you are going to take the plunge and download Cydia on your iOS 10.1.1 device. For all the latest updates, Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter