Most jailbreakers have heard of a vital jailbreak tool called Cydia Impactor but some of you won’t know that it has changed functionality. What used to be Cydia Impactor is now called Cydia Eraser and Cydia Impactor has been changed to an app that we use for side loading apps onto our iOS devices. This is an incredibly useful tool now that a brand-new jailbreak has been released.
Image : Cydia Impactor
Luca Todesco has released a beta version of his jailbreak, called Yalu Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor has been updated to support it. The process of installing the jailbreak is different from what we are used to and you can find full details here on how to download Yalu jailbreak onto your device. Do be aware that Yalu jailbreak is a semi-untethered utility and you will need to reactivate the jailbreak whenever you reboot your iOS device.
Before you begin :
Before you use Cydia Impactor to sideload any app, not just the jailbreak, here are a few things you should know first .
- You need to have a valid Apple ID so that Cydia Impactor can side-load the certificate for the app
- If you use a free Apple ID, the certificate expires every 7 days and you need to repeat the process of side-loading each time
- If you use an Apple ID for a paid developer account, the certificate wont expire for 12 months
Now that you know all of that, let’s look at the steps needed to use Cydia Impactor to sideload an app:
How to Use Cydia Impactor to Side Load Apps :
- Download Cydia Impactor for Windows or Mac [ official link https://cydiaimpactor.app ]
- Download the .ipa file for the app you want to side load
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Find the .ipa file and drag it into the Cydia Impactor window
- Make sure that the tool recognizes your device
- When the Apple ID warning appears, click OK and input the Apple ID that you are using, click on OK
- Cydia Impactor will now go to work on signing the .ipa file for use , once it has finished, the app will be on your device. In this case the Yalu app , do not run it yet .
- Got o Settings > General > Device Management on your iOS device and locate the profile for the app you side-loaded , click on Trust
- Now you can exit Settings and use the app
Cydia Impactor Features :
The Cydia Impactor app is still being developed although it can still be used, and there are few features available right now. Given that it is one of the only working GUI tools for mobile, those features are very important; here’s what they are:
- Bridge Connections
With Cydia Impactor, you can bridge connections very easily between your iOS device and your computer. The tool also lets you restart a connection or disconnect if needed; you will need to know what the port number is though
- Roots Android Devices
If you have an Android device on v2.3 or lower, Cydia Impactor can take it up to v5.0 very quickly. With Cydia Impactor running on your PC, plug in your Android device, press Start and wait – the process will complete in seconds
- Unlock Bootloader
By using an identifier token, you can generate the bootloader file [ unlock ] for your device and unlock or lock bootloader quickly and easily
- USB Driver Built In
Included in Cydia Impactor are the required USB drivers, which means you don’t need to go looking for them. You will need to manually install them from the application first though
- Package Installs
The final feature is the ability to get any mod package and flash it, update packages and root them, as well as manual file recovery direct to the device – you won’t need to use any Fastboot tools to do this
Will you be using Cydia Impactor ? Tell us what for. For more up to the minute news and developments, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.