For those looking to download Cydia on iOS firmware , follow the below tutorial for step by step process. For people who don’t want to go through the hassle and want to download Cydia directly without PC , read the linked tutorial. Please note that we are always working to improve Cydia for iOS 5 , iOS 6 , iOS 7 , iOS 8 , iOS 9 , iOS 10 and iOS 11. So keep reading this post for more information on Cydia download .
Image : Cydia Download on latest iPhone
How to Download Cydia :
- iOS 7 [ Detailed tutorial ]
- iOS 8 [ Detailed tutorial ]
- iOS 9 [ Detailed tutorial ]
- iOS 10 [ Detailed Tutorial ]
- iOS 11 [ Updated ]
There are 4 ways to download Cydia on your iPhone running iOS .
- Method 1 – In this method you can use Safari browser to directly download the Cydia app on your device without a computer .
- Method 2 – This method uses the Evasi0n jailbreak process to jailbreak and download Cydia on your iOS 7 [only].
- Method 3 – Using Taig Jailbreak Tool for jailbreaking using Windows PC or a Mac . Compatible with iOS 7 – iOS 8 – iOS 9 .
- Method 4 : Using Pangu jailbreak tool for jailbreaking on both Mac and Windows . Compatible with iOS 7 – iOS 8 – iOS 9- iOS 10 – iOS 11.
Method 1 : Safari Method [ Easy Method ]
[ Note : This method downloads the Cydia app icon directly on your iOS homescreen ]
- First launch safari
- Open the website with the url cydiaios7.com and tap on that .
- After the page is loaded , tap on the UP arrow at the bottom of the screen .
- This will open up a new option window where you can choose “Add to Home Screen” as shown below. Tap on that
- Now you get the option to save the Cydia app icon , rename it to Cydia .
- After that you will get Cydia icon on your iPhone , iPad home screen . Tap on it to launch it .
Video : Here is a step by step explanation of the above process
Method 2 : Evasi0n Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
Note : For iOS 8 , iOS 9 , iOS 10, iOS 11 Jailbreak, skip to Method 3 and Method 4 for details . You have to go to Evasion’s website and download the latest version of Evasion . [ link – Evasion Jailbreak] . Install Evasion following the given instructions .
Cydia is compatible with every single model of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, provided it can be jailbroken. It continues to grow as more and more developers join in and develop their own tweaks but it’s no longer just for iOS users to have all the fun. Freeman has recently built and released a Cydia substrate for Android users, allowing their developers the same opportunities.
Method 3 : Taig Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
This method involved using Taig Jailbreak tool for windows. Taig is exclusively supported on Windows . They are one of the fastest jailbreak releasers . [ Download Taig Jailbreak ]
Method 4 : Pangu Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
Pangu Team is the second most popular jailbreak team after iPhone Dev . Their much popular Pangu tool is supported on both Windows and Mac OSX . You can get full step by step tutorial and latest tools supported on iOS 8 , iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11 here [ Download – Pangu Jailbreak ] .
Cydia Meaning :
The name Cydia alludes directly to the”Codling Moth“, with a scientific name of Cydia Pomonella. It’s an agricultural pest, with the larva burrowing into fruit, more commonly apples. It is also used as the proverbial “worm in the apple” seen in cartoons and other depictions.
More About Cydia :
In February 2008, an alternative to the installer.app on OS 1.1 was released. It was called Cydia and it was developed by Jay Freeman, perhaps better known as Saurik. Cydia is an open source alternative for installing third-party apps and it was actually released months before Apple released their first ever version of the App Store. By April of 2009, Cydia had claimed around 4 million downloads, about 10% of the number of people who owned Apple devices at that time.
Image : Cydia versions on each iPhone release
Over the years, since that first release, Freeman has gone on to build one of the most successful third-party app installers ever seen. It contains, quite literally, thousands of different apps and tweaks, mods and themes, for people to use on their jailbroken iOS devices. It’s a platform for developers to build their own apps, ones that Apple would not approve of.