Jailbreaking brings out the creativity in the tweak developers and, when a new jailbreak is released, we get to see some stunning new tweaks released. Some of these tweaks focus on making the user interface and the animations on the stock iOS so much better to look at while retaining all their functionality. One such tweak just released for iOS 9.3.3 and PPHelper jailbreak is called Cleo and it focuses on the Control Center.
Image : Cleo – Control Center Styling Tweak
Cleo Features :
This is one tweak that Apple would do well to adopt in a future iOS version because the Control Center could do with something of a makeover, to make it a little more interesting than it is now. With Cleo, you get:
- A much more embedded feel and look to the Control Center
- Instead of having the blurred and transparent Control Center sheet that is revealed by dragging up, you get a more hidden interface that is revealed through swiping up and hiding part of the screen you are on in the iOS
- Cleo gives you two pages – one that has all the Control Center shortcuts and toggles on it, along with the brightness slider and the other that contains the volume slider and Music controls.
- The Controls Center controls remain the same but they look nicer than the stock ones and are also fully functional, with the addition of the functions that another of the same developer’s tweaks has, one called Cream.
Configuring Cleo :
When Cleo is downloaded, there won’t be a preferences pane in your Settings app like you get with many other tweaks. Instead the options to configure Cleo can be found under Settings > Control Center. The reason for this is because the tweak developer has embedded all of the settings straight into the stock Control Center preferences so that it feels much more like the stock Control Center.
In those settings, you will find a toggle switch for Use Cleo which is where you turn the tweak on and off. When it is enabled, you get a number of configuration options, including:
- Disabling or enabling colored toggle buttons in the style of the Apple Watch
- Turning the Heart Music button off
- Turning off the Music Share button
- Picking which of the pages you want Cleo to default to when the Control Center is opened
- Enabling the option to open the Music control page when you are playing music
- Choosing custom color options for Polus and FlipControlCenter add-ons
For your changes to take effect, all you have to do is shut down settings and open the Control Center to see what Cleo can do for you. There is no need to respring as all the changes are live.
Cleo is a very nice looking tweak and brings a fantastic feel and look to the stock iOS Control Center. If you want to give it a go, jailbreak your iOS device using PPHelper and then head over to the BigBoss repository on Cydia. Cleo is available to download for just $1.99. Free download also possible via 3rd party repo sources.
Tell us your thoughts on Cleo; is it something that would benefit you in any way ? Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter for more news on the latest jailbreak developments and tweaks.