Bypassing iCloud Lock is one of the most sought-after questions by the Apple fans. There have been many instances when people buy a second-hand iPhone or iPad but are unable to use it as it is locked. Also, sometimes people buy an iOS device from another country due to the cheap price and face the same lock when they try to use it in their country. Until now. You can easily bypass the activation lock now on your iOS device using the following methods. There is a temporary method and a permanent one, so see which one works for you though both the methods are tested and tried.
Image : Bypass iCloud Active iPhone Screen
Method 1 : Quick Bypass iCloud Activation Lock
Note that the following solution is a temporary one to bypass the iCloud lock and access your iPhone or iPad. It works on iOS 8 and you can try it on iOS 7 devices also. This method will help you use most of the features of your device like Maps, Games, Internet, Youtube, Video, Audio, etc., while a few functionalities like Call log, Phone calls, etc. will still be unavailable to you.
If you are seeing the “Activate Your iPhone“screen, use the following steps to get rid of it:
- Tap on the Home button and then tap the “Wi-Fi Settings”
- Now touch the “i'” symbol that you see beside the WiFi network which you want to connect to.
- After you tap the ‘i’, do the following carefully and exactly as given.
- In the settings, remove the existing DNS, as you will need to enter a new one to bypass activation.
- After that, enter the new DNS as 126.96.36.199
- Now tap the “Back” button.
- Tap on “Activation Help”.
After you have successfully completed the above steps, you will receive a text on your device stating that “You have successfully connected to my Server“. Now you can access most part your device by tapping on Menu on top right . Your device is activated and you now how access to most of the major functions of the device, including the settings.
As already stated before, this is a temporary solution. If you are looking to bypass the activation lock permanently, then we suggest you to follow the following extra steps.
Method 2 : Permanent Method to Bypass iCloud Activation Lock
- Ensure that you have completely performed all the steps given in the temporary method.
- Now go to “Menu”and then select “Applications”.
- Now tap the “Crash”option. Doing this will cause the device to reboot and you will be taken to the Apple logo on the welcome screen.
- Now choose “Language and Country”.
- Press the “Home” button next and tap on “More Wifi Settings”.
- Tap on the “i” symbol that is given beside the WiFi network which you will be connecting to.
- In the settings that comes up, scroll down to “Menu” under the “HTTP Proxy” section.
- Clear the given address bar completely and tap on “Globe” icon given on the keyboard.
- Type down 15-30 random characters and enter “b” in the “Port” field.
- Next, tap on the “Back” option and then “Next“.
Video : Here is a video explaining the same
Now you need to do the tricky part. Keep sliding the Unlock and tap the language options. Keep repeating the process again and again until the home screen of your device shows up. Done ! You can now access most of the functionalities of your iOS device, but if you try to open the applications like Newsstand, FaceTime, and Phone, you will need to repeat the whole method again. So make sure to stay away from those applications.