When you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, one thing you expect to see is the BigBoss repo in Cydia. Sometimes though it isn’t there or, if it is, it somehow gets deleted leaving you high and dry without access to even the most basic of tweaks. BigBoss is the ideal repository for those who are new to jailbreaking, as it contains just about everything you could possibly need to get started.
Image : Add Back Cydia Repo Big Boss
If BigBoss is absent from Cydia or you manage to delete it by accident, there is an easy way to get it back :
How to Add BigBoss Repo in Cydia :
The first thing to do is check to see if it is still lurking in Cydia somewhere. If it is, then it’s a simple case of reinstalling it:
- Open Cydia
- Tap More Package Sources – located at the bottom of your screen
- On the next window, look down the list for BigBoss. You will see a disclaimer on the screen waning you about adding sources to Cydia at your risk
- If you see BigBoss on the list, simply tap it and it will be installed back into Cydia
It’s Not in The List ?
If BigBoss doesn’t show up in the list, you can try adding in the source manually. This is easy enough, just follow these instructions:
Add a New Repo to Cydia :
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources
- Tap on Edit
- Tap on Add
- Type this URL in – http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ – make sure you type it in exactly
- Tap on Add Source
- Cydia will now download and install the BigBoss repository – you may have to respring your iOS device or reboot it afterwards
Have you ever misplaced BigBoss from Cydia ?
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook ; updates will be sent direct to your inbox.