If your iPhone is jailbroken, you might be knowing that some tweaks require you to reboot the device so that the applied effects can take place. Moreover, there are many instances when you need to reboot your iPhone. At such moments, there is no automatic button for rebooting the device. On the pressing the power button, you get a default option Slide to Power Off. There is no option for rebooting the device.
Image : BetterShutDown Cydia Tweak
If you want to reboot the iPhone, you first have to select the Slide to Power Off option and when the device shuts down, you need to press the power button again in order to reboot it. The reboot option is really missed here and we wonder why Apple skipped it. But thanks to jailbreak tweak developers, a reboot option can be added to iOS.
A new jailbreak tweak called BetterShutdown comes with a unique design and various power options. It adds power options like reboot and respring, which makes rebooting your device a lot more convenient than in stock iOS. Let’s discuss the features of BetterShutdown.
- BetterShutdown comes with a really intuitive design with a nice flat background that gets a transparent blur. This makes the tweak look very good with the rest of the iOS UI.
- This tweak adds a separate clear menu for boot options. This menu comes up when you press down the power button as usual.
- With this tweak, the power button menu now gets respring and reboot options as well along with the usual shut down option.
- You just need to tap on the option of your choice. Now you don’t need to do the slide gesture for rebooting or shutting down the device.
- This awesome tweak is available for free at the BigBoss repo on Cydia, which makes it a must have tweak for your jailbroken iPhone.
How to Download BetterShutdown :
Please note that BetterShutdown is a jailbreak tweak, so you need to have a jailbroken iOS device with Cydia installed in order to use it. If your iOS device is running iOS 8.4 or lower, you can use the TaiG jailbreak [ext link] or the PP jailbreak [ext link] to install Cydia on your device.
Note: BigBoss repo is a default Cydia repo, so you do not need to add it.
- Go to Cydia.
- Search for the BetterShutdown tweak.
- Now install the tweak.
- Once installed, you will be able to access the extra power options by pressing the power button.