Popular designer Surenix and Cydia Developer iKyle have teased their cydia tweak Alympus a few days back. We initially thought that this tweak was a new app switcher, but it actually is more than that. The makers state it as a new home for all your music, toggles, and apps.
Image : New App Switcher for iOS
1. App Switcher
- Alympus totally enhances the app switcher, as noticed in the Vine video.
- The app switcher can be accessed by swiping up on the screen from the bottom or double-clicking on the Home button.
- Pinch gestures can be used to zoom in or out for changing the layout of the app switcher between 1 to 9 cards or icons.
2. Toggles Screen
- Alympus divides the Control Center into a controls screen for Music playback and a Toggles Screen.
- You can quickly access the common toggles and app shortcuts from the toggles screen, like Wi-Fi, AirPlane mode, Bluetooth, Torch, recent contacts, calculator, brightness slider, and much more.
- The toggles screen can be accessed by swiping right on the app switcher.
- The toggles screen cannot be customized like the CCSettings. But you can tap and hold the toggles to rearrange them.
3. Music Controls
- Just swipe left on the app switcher to open up the Music Player and you will get quick access to the controls.
- You can launch the Music app by double tapping the album artwork.
- By tapping thrice on the album artwork, you can change the Music Player theme to light or dark.
4. Gesture Controls
- The makers of Alympus have thoughtfully added to the tweak a new feature called continuous swipe which enables you to swipe up from the bottom and to the left or right to straightaway jump to the respective screens, all with just one continuous swipe. This feature makes switching between the toggles screen and the music player very convenient.
- You can even access the app switcher using the Gesture mode. Also, you can use the gesture mode for closing the current app or going to the Control Center of iOS.
Though the app switcher in Alympus is very awesome, the Music Player and Toggles Screen may not be liked by everyone, because they look great but do not offer any more functions that the Control Center. Alympus could have been better if there was an option added for customizing the quick launch app shortcuts as well as the toggles. However, Alympus is still a great tweak and can be bought for $3.99 in Cydia from the BigBoss repo. Free downloads available from 3rd party Cydia repo’s .
Follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest news.