The next jailbreak, the one we have all been waiting for, has at last been released. It’s called Yalu and it comes to us courtesy of Lua Todesco, the well known iOS hacker and developer. This has come of something as a surprise to some because Todesco is known for showing off jailbreaks that he never releases to the public so this is something of a break from tradition for him. However, before you all start rushing to download Yalu Jailbreak you need to be aware of a few things .
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
Before you Jailbreak :
- First, it is a beta jailbreak. This means that, until more work is done on it, it will be unstable and full of glitches. To this end, it is recommended that only developers and people who are experienced with computer programming use it to start with
- Second, it is not your normal one click jailbreak. Instead, you need to install it using Cydia Impactor [ steps below ]
- Third, it is a semi-untethered jailbreak. Like PPHelper jailbreak you will need to reinstall it every time you reboot your iOS device
If you are happy to go ahead and install it knowing all this the steps to do so are below.
How to Install Yalu Jailbreak :
- Download Yalu Jailbreak .ipa file onto your computer [ext link]
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Make sure you are using the most up to date version of iTunes and use it to back up your data
- Make sure you disable Find my iPhone | iPad – Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone | iPad
- Disable Touch ID and your Passcode Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and open Cydia Impactor on your computer
- Find the Yalu .ipa and drag into the Cydia Impactor window
- You will be asked for an Apple ID , input it now
- Cydia Impactor will now side load Yalu Jailbreak onto your iOS device so wait for this to be completed
- When it has finished, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Locate the Yalu app [ it may be called mach_portal ] and tap on Trust beside it
- From your home screen, launch the “mach_portal” jailbreak , it will take about 10 or 15 seconds and then your device should respring. When it does Cydia will be on your home screen
- Your device is successfully jailbroken and Cydia is installed
If you use a free Apple ID, you will need to repeat from Step 6 onward every 7 days and, because the jailbreak is semi-untethered, whenever you reboot, you will need to repeat Step 11.