WWDC 2016 has now been officially announced by Apple, following a, perhaps, unofficial announcement by Siri. The conference will start on June 13th at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium and will then continue from 14th to 17th June at the usual venue of Moscone West. Registration for the chance to get a ticket is open from now until 10:00 am PDT on 2nd April and the final list of attendees will be chosen from the names at random, with the winners being announced on 25th April at 5:00 PM PDT.
Image : WWDC 2016
iOS 10 will be revealed for the first time and, although there are no concrete details at this stage, there are plenty of rumors flying as to what we might see. Those expecting to see a complete overhaul in terms of design are set to be disappointed but we do expect to see announcement about new emoji characters, new (or old) features coming back to the Photo app, changes to the Control Center, new iPad exclusive features and, at long last, the ability to hide or even uninstall stock apps that we just don’t use.
The first beta of iOS 10 will be released to developers at the same time, kicking off a flurry of updates to get the operating system ready for public release in September. We can also expect to see OS X 10.12 announced, along with any new features that are to be included in it.
How to Watch WWDC 2016 Event LIVE :
There are several ways to watch WWDC from the comfort of your own home:
iOS : using safari browser on your iOS device, go to http://apple.com/live
OS X : from OS X 10.8.5 or higher, with a Safari version of 6.0.5 or higher, go to http://apple.com/live
Apple TV : 2nd or 3rd Generation Apple TV required on iOS 6.2 or higher.
- Make sure you are running the attest version of software – open Settings>General>Software Updates>Update Software
- Select the app for streaming the event live
- Select Play to watch the entire event as it unfolds
Windows 10 : The event can be streamed live from the new Edge browser by opening http://apple.com/live
Windows 10 or Lower : You can also use VLC Media Player on Windows:
- Download VLC
- Open the app and go to Media>Open Network Stream>Network
- Paste in this link – http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/15pijbnaefvpoijbaefvpihb06/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8
- Click on Play
Android : You will need the VLC Media Player app for Android
- Download VLC for Android and install it
- Open the app
- Tap the hamburger on the top left and from the menu, tap on Stream
- Input this link – http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/15pijbnaefvpoijbaefvpihb06/m3u8/atv_mvp.m3u8
- Tap on Play
With plenty of options for watching WWDC 2016, there really isn’t any excuse to miss it. We will be keeping you fully up to date on the event though so subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated