For many people, the new iOS 7 untethered jailbreak utility, evasi0n 7, has caused a number of problems. Mostly these problems have been caused by incompatibility issues and your iPhone or iPad iOS version being updated using the Over the Air method.
Image : iOS 7 no Cydia Icon after Jailbreak
Many of the issues have now been sorted out with a couple of updates to the jailbreak and updates to apps, to Cydia and to MobileSubstrate. For those of you who have not yet jailbroken their devices, you can follow our full guide to doing so and also take a look at the video below .
iOS 7 Jailbreak : YouTube Video
One problem that seems to be common is that, after jailbreaking, some people are finding that their Cydia icon goes missing, along with a few of the stock app icons, most notably the Settings one. There are a couple of things you can try here .
No Cydia Icon Fix – Method 1 :
- Make sure your passcode lock has been removed – if your settings app icon is still visible
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and make sure iTunes launches
- Now place your iPhone into DFU – hold Home and Power buttons together for 10 seconds; release Power and continue holding Home until iTunes pops up an iPhone in Recovery message
- Click on Restore and let iTunes restore your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
- Hopefully you took a backup of the data on our iPhone before you applied the jailbreak in the first place.
- You can now reinstall the jailbreak, using the latest version of Evasi0n 7 for your operating system
- Everything should now work OK.
Another method of solving this issue that has worked for several people is .
No Cydia Icon Fix – Method 2 :
- Plug your iPhone into your PC
- Launch evasi0n 7 from you PC again
- Click on Jailbreak
- When Evasi0n asks you to click on the Evasi0n icon on your Home screen, DO NOT DO IT
- Instead, disconnect your iPhone from the PC
- Press on the Evasi0n icon until wiggles – delete it by tapping the cross in the corner
- Reboot your iPhone and the Cydia icon should now be back. If it is, you can go ahead and restore your data from your iTunes or iCloud backup.
- If it doesn’t come back you will need to follow the steps above to restore and start again.
Evad3rs are releasing regular updates to evasi0n 7 so, if your problems are not solved with one update, restore and wait for the next one to arrive.
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe