The last jailbreak that was released was for iOS 9.1 but many people have already upgraded to the latest iOS version, iOS 9.3.1 and missed the chance to jailbreak. Right now, iOS 9.3.2 is in beta [at the time of writing this article] but we are still awaiting news on whether a jailbreak is going to be released for Cydia iOS 9.3 upwards. We do know that a developer by the name of Luca Tedesco uploaded a video showing an iPhone running Cydia iOS 9.3 but he has made it clear that he has no intentions of releasing the jailbreak publicly.
Image : Cydia Download on iPhone 5s
Apple has been on form recently, patching exploit after exploit, stalling jailbreakers in their tracks. However, we do still have hope that another tool will be released before iOS 10, which is due to be announced at WWDC in June 2016.
While we wait, as a bit of fun, there is a way for you to have the Cydia app icon on your iPhone 5s home screen. Here’s how to do it .
How to Download Cydia on iPhone 5s :
- Open up the Safari Browser on your iPhone 5s [explained with images of iPhone 6]
- Launch your favorite search engine. We use Google for this tutorial , you may use Yahoo , MSN , Bing or any other. Type in “Cydia Download” in the search box and hit enter.
- In the results page you will find the website with the url cydiaios7.com as shown in the image above . Tap to open up.
- This is the mobile version of our website dedicated to download Cydia app icon on iPhone 5s . At the bottom of the scree is an UP arrow , tap on this
- You will now be given a number of options on a pop up screen – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Next you must rename the icon – name it Cydia and then tap on the Add button
- Close down Safari and go back to your Home screen , you should now see the Cydia icon
Video : Here is a video explaining the above process
Note : This is not a jailbreak, it will only take you to updates about the latest in Cydia .
If you are still running iOS 9.1 or lower and have not yet jailbroken your device, you can still do so using Pangu or Taig. For those of you have upgraded, you have little option but to it tight and wait. With iOS 10 on the way, it is more than likely that the developers will be focusing their attention on that but it isn’t unheard for new jailbreaks to be released after a new iOS is announce. Fingers crossed, the same will be true of this year.