Jailbreaking allows you to Install Cydia on your device, which in turn, gives you access to several various jailbreak tweaks and apps. These tweaks and apps have the potential of customizing your iOS device in a way which stock iOS apps can never do. The most popular Cydia Tweaks are those which enable us to change the look of different elements in the iOS user interface. One such element is the volume HUD, and a lot of jailbreak tweaks are available for customizing the volume HUD, interacting with it, and making it less obtrusive. One of such very popular tweaks is the HUD Customizer.
Image : iOS Hud Customizer App from Cydia
- With the HUD Customizer tweak, you can completely customize the volume HUD and can control the way it looks.
- This tweak enables you to change the text, animation, and the size of the volume HUD along with its color and position on the screen.
- After you install HUD Customizer in your jailbroken iOS device, you need to head to the preference pane of the tweak in the stock Settings app in order to start customizing the volume HUD.
- The preference pane is divided into different sections, and each of them allow you to modify various elements of the volume HUD.
- With the Appearance section, you can play around with the opacity, border size, corner radius, and size of the HUD along with the duration that it appears on the screen for.
- The Position section allows you to change the position of the HUD on the screen. There are a few presets available by default for the position, while you can even input the position coordinates manually.
- You can even change the color of the HUD background along with its progress blocks. You can customize the animation too.
- A good thing about the HUD Customizer is that you will not need to restart your device for the changes to take place.
Download HUD Customizer :
The HUD Customizer tweak is very rich in terms of feature and opens up a lot of customization options for you to play around with the volume HUD. The tweak is supported in iOS 8 as well as iOS 7 devices. HUD customizer costs $1.9 from the BigBoss repo in Cydia and you can download it using this guide. You can even get the tweak for free from 3rd party repo’s.