In September 2015 , iOS 9 was released to the public and, if previous iOS versions are any marker to go by, we could very well see a jailbreak not too long afterwards. Right now there is no iOS 9 jailbreak [ext -updated ] as we write this article. Obviously, we cannot say when it will be released; the developers need time to examine the iOS 9 firmware before they determine if they can jailbreak it or not and, although they will have been looking at the iOS 9.1 betas, they need to see the finished version before they start the hard work.
Image : Download Cydia on iOS 9 without Jailbreak
It’s been an exciting few months in terms of jailbreaking. The first one appeared from iH8snow who showcased a video of the first tethered iOS 9 jailbreak on his iPhone 5 . Taig followed with a utility for iOS 9 along with Pangu team producing an Pangu 9 jailbreak . iOS 9.1 will duly patch all of these jailbreaks once its released.
If you want to get the iOS 9 Cydia icon on your device, there is a way to do it. Before we tell you how to do this, please keep in mind that this method does not jailbreak your device , it only gives you the Cydia app icon.
How to Download Cydia on iOS 9 :
- Open up Safari browser from the home screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Open up this page with url http://www.cydiaios7.com
- Look at the bottom of your screen, in the center of the bar you will see an UP arrow – tap on it
- A new screen will appear with a number of options, tap on Add to Home Screen
- On the next screen, you will be asked to name your icon – call it Cydia for ease . Tap on Add
- Shut down Safari and the Cydia icon will now show up on your home screen.
Video : The video below shows you the whole sequence
Again, we must reiterate that this is not a working jailbreak; it is only the Cydia app icon.
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter; updates will be sent direct to your inbox.