The jailbreak scenario has been quite satisfying for the jailbreakers during the recent weeks, thanks to the frequent releases and updates. We now have got the matured TaiG tool for Windows and PP tool for Mac for jailbreaking iOS 8.4, so anyone wanting to jailbreak now will probably not encounter any major issues.
Image : Cydia App that lets Remove Cydia itself
However, there may be times when users would want to get rid of Cydia and want to go back to stock iOS. Though the PP and TaiG jailbreaks are very stable now, many users might encounter bugs or crashes or any such other issues, because of which they would want to remove the jailbreak. Also, in case your iOS device has Cydia installed on it and if something goes wrong with it to such extent that you need to take it to the Apple Store, then remember that the guys at the Store will not be sympathetic at all as installing Cydia voids the warranty of the device. So in such cases too, you will have to delete Cydia.
Until now, to Remove Cydia, you would have to update your iOS to the next version through iTunes. There are many users who are on iOS 8.3 and don’t want to try out iOS 8.4 while removing Cydia from their iOS devices. Also, many users want to delete Cydia without having to use iTunes on their Mac or PC. Well, now you can do just that, thanks to the Cydia Impactor which has just been released.
But before you proceed to use the tool, remember that the Cydia Impactor is still in its beta version for iOS 8.4 and iOS 8.3, so the mileage can vary. Make sure to take a complete backup of your iOS device, as using the Cydia Impactor tool will delete all the apps, contents, and settings while removing Cydia from your iPhone. All of your data will get wiped while still keeping the present firmware version.
You must also note that the just launched iPod Touch 6 will not support the Cydia Impactor as the device has no OTAs.
How to Remove Cydia Without iTunes :
- Create a complete backup of your iOS device with iTunes or iCloud.
- The battery of your device must at least be 20% charged and your device must be plugged in.
- Now go to Cydia and install Cydia Impactor.
- Run the Cydia Impactor tool and tap delete all data and unjailbreak device. Then tap the button labelled Delete All to confirm the same. The process will start; wait patiently and do not disturb the device until the welcome screen of the iOS setup appears.
- When the process has finished and you see the welcome screen, go through the initial setup process of iOS and the activation.
Done ! You have successfully deleted Cydia from your iOS device without using iTunes. In case you want to jailbreak again, you can use the TaiG or PP Jailbreak tools.