Sometime in September or October it is hoped that we will have a untethered jailbreak utility for iOS 7. Apple is expected to release the firmware publicly alongside the new iPhone and shortly afterwards the hackers should be able to give us more information on when we can expect to be able to download. Update : For those looking to Download Cydia on iOS 8 firmware , follow the linked tutorial for step by step tutorial . For people who dont want to go through the hassle and want to Download Cydia without a PC , read the tutorial here .
Image : Cydia Update running on iOS iPhone
How to Download Cydia :
There are two ways to download Cydia on your iPhone running iOS 7 .
- Method 1 – This method uses the Evasion jailbreak process to jailbreak and download cydia on your iOS device . It requires a computer , either windows or mac .
- Method 2 – In this method you can directly download the cydia icon on your device from the Safari browser without needing any heavy downloads or computer to do the process for you . Follow the steps as explained here .
- Method 3 – Using Taig Jailbreak Tool for jailbreaking using Windows PC . Mac users refer to Method 4 for more details
- Method 4 : Using Pangu jailbreak tool for jailbreaking on both Mac and Windows . unlike Taig , Pangu is both supported on Mac OSX and Windows PC .
Method 1 : No Jailbreak Cydia Download
- To download cydia icon on your iPhone running iOS 7 , here is a quick Trick . On your phone , launch Safari and open our site www.cydiaios7.com
- You will see the mobile version of the site . On any page of the site , just tap on the up arrow as show here.
- This will bring up the option to save the page in your iphone homescreen . Tap on that as shown in the image below . iPad users follow the image for iPad below .
- Now you will be asked to name the app. Just type in “Cydia” and hit Add button as shown in the image below .
- You will now see Cydia icon on your iPhone 5 home screen running iOS 7 . It does not jailbreak your device , but tricks someone into believing that you have a jailbroken phone .
YouTube Video explaining the entire process of installing the Cydia icon [not jailbreaking] .
Method 2 : Evasi0n Jailbreak
- You have to go to Evasion’s website and download the latest version of Evasion . [Link – Download Evasion]
- Install Evasion following the given instructions .
- Proceed with the pages and let the installer download evasi0n for you .
- Now Open Evasion in Administrator Mode
- Connect your device with your computer but do not open iTunes – if it launches automatically, shut it down
- Evasi0n 7 will now detect your iOS device as shown in the screen
- Click on the Jailbreak button . This will start the jailbreak process .
- Now leave everything alone – evasi0n 7 will run through the process of jailbreaking your device
- Keep an eye on it as you will be asked to tap on the Evasi0n icon on the Home screen of you device
- Once you have done this Evasi0n 7 will continue until your device reboots for the last time into a jailbroken state – you will know when the procedure is complete because Cydia will appear on one of your Home screen
Cydia iOS 7 Evasi0n Compatibility :
Cydia is compatible with every single model of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, provided it can be jailbroken. It continues to grow as more and more developers join in and develop their own tweaks but it’s no longer just for iOS users to have all the fun. Freeman has recently built and released a Cydia substrate for Android users, allowing their developers the same opportunities.
Method 3 : Taig Jailbreak iOS 8.x.x
This method involved using Taig Jailbreak tool for windows . Taig is exclusively supported on Windows . They are one of the fastest jailbreak releasers . [Link – Taig Jailbreak]
Method 4 : Pangu Jailbreak
Pangu Team is the second most popular jailbreak team after iphone Dev . Their much popular Pangu tool is supported on both WIndows and Mac OSX . You can get full step by step tutorial and latest tools supported on iOS 8 and iOS 9 here [Link – Download Pangu]
Image : Cydia App Icon on iOS 7
Cydia Meaning :
The name Cydia alludes directly to the”Codling Moth“, with a scientific name of Cydia Pomonella. It’s an agricultural pest, with the larva burrowing into fruit, more commonly apples. It is also used as the proverbial “worm in the apple” seen in cartoons and other depictions.
More About iOS 7 Cydia – iOS 8 and iOS 9 :
In February 2008, an alternative to the installer.app on OS 1.1 was released. It was called Cydia and it was developed by Jay Freeman, perhaps better known as Saurik. Cydia is an open source alternative for installing third-party apps and it was actually released months before Apple released their first ever version of the App Store. By April of 2009, Cydia had claimed around 4 million downloads, about 10% of the number of people who owned Apple devices at that time.
Image : Cydia versions on each iPhone release
Over the years, since that first release, Freeman has gone on to build one of the most successful third-party app installers ever seen. It contains, quite literally, thousands of different apps and tweaks, mods and themes, for people to use on their jailbroken iOS devices. It’s a platform for developers to build their own apps, ones that Apple would not approve of.
Latest Cydia iOS 7 News :
We know for definite that there will be an iOS 7 untethered jailbreak but we don’t know yet who is going to release it. At the moment there are 2 main contenders – team evad3rs with another Evasi0n release or P0sixninja, on his own. P0sixninja has made no secret of the fact that he feels that he alone will be responsible for us being able to Download Cydia on iOS 7. He has tweeted several times over the last few months that he has found more exploits to be used in the iOS 7 jailbreak. We also saw a cryptic tweet along the lines that it was about time somebody brought out a tool that was better than Redsn0w. He has already announced that, at some point, he will release a iOS 7 Bootrom jailbreak, which is exactly what Redsn0w is. [Image Credits : JailbreakModo.com]
Evad3rs, on the other hand, are not giving away too much information at this stage. Pod2g did start off by announcing that iOS 7 was the “ugliest ever” and that he was considering a move to Android. However, he has now settled in to some serious testing and will no doubt be able to tell us soon when we will be able to download Cydia on iOS 7.
Watch this YouTube Video : Cydia on iOS 7 Concept
Get Cydia on iOS 7 – Instructions via Email :
When the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak does become available, we’ll be giving you full instructions on how to download Cydia on iOS 7. If it is evad3rs, the download will be similar to evasi0n for iOS 6 .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe