As many users wait for a jailbreak for iOS 7.1 | 7.1.1, Cydia receives an update to version 1.1.11. Although prominent developer i0n1c has shown us that his iPhone 5C will run an untethered jailbreak on iOS 7.1, he isn’t releasing the jailbreak publicly and, now that iOS 8 beta 1 is out and testing is well under way, there is a good chance that we will not see a jailbreak until after it is released in September.
Image : Cydia Update Released by Saurik
However, Cydia has been updated in a big way, bringing a number of enhancements and additions that are welcomed by those who still have a jailbroken device.
The New Cydia Update includes :
- Users being able to sort their packages by installation date
- A new icon
- Minor upgrade to the interface
- Better management of repositories and packages
- Problems with status bar on iOS 7 – 7.0.6 fixed
- Refresh activity is now evident within each source
- Queue tab relocated to Installed
- All international iOS keyboards are now fully supported
- Better clarity for assets loaded on non-retina devices
- Few minor issues fixed
While it is possible that a jailbreak for iOS 7.1/7.1.1 could be released, it isn’t likely in the near future. I0n1c has indicated that there is much work and testing to be done and a lot depends on how long it is before the utility is ready for public release.
How to Install :
- First launch Cydia on your jailbroken device
- A popup screen will appear as Cydia connects to its own servers and downloads and require update information
- Soon you will see this screen appear on your device . Click on the Complete Upgrade option
- Cydia will now proceed with the upgrade when you click and confirm
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process . After the process is complete you would see a new Cydia icon on your iPhone home screen
If it likely to take a few months then it isn’t really worth it and the chances are the exploits will be used in a jailbreak for iOS. However, it could be some months after the firmware is released that the jailbreak is ready, as work cannot begin in earnest until September.
How to Update to Cydia :
Video : This video explains the entire process
If you have not yet updated to iOS 7.1 or above, don’t if you want to retain your jailbreak. If you have updated, there is no way to downgrade and you are stuck until another utility comes out.