2016 is well under way and has so far been a particularly busy one. iOS 9 was released, patching all previous jailbreaks and that was followed by iOS 9.3.4 in August. In between those releases, Pangu team managed to release a Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 9 upto iOS 9.3.3 , although the iOS 9.3.4 firmware is now out in public at the time of writing this article , if you still have iOS 9.3.3 on your device, you can use the iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak [ext link ]. Other than that, the latest current jailbreak is for iOS 9.3.3 and older versions only .
Image : Cydia iOS 9 Ready Repo Sources
iOS 10 is the next generation of firmware from the Cupertino Company, to be released in September 2016 and so we thought we’d have a look at those Cydia sources that will support the new iOS 9 and upcoming iOS 10 Cydia. You will need to add these to Cydia manually but that is a simple task .
How to Add a Repo to Cydia :
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources
- Tap on Edit
- Tap on Add
- Type in the repo URL [ listed below ]
- Tap on Add Source and you are ready to use the new repo.
- New repo will be added and updated .
Video : Here is a Step by Step Guide
Cydia iOS 9 Ready Cydia Repos :
- HASHBANG Productions – URL – http://cydia.hbang.ws
HashBang is home to a number of very useful tweaks, such as ScreenFade and Tap to Unlock
- Karen’s Pineapple – URL – http://cydia.angelxwind.net
If you are a fan of the old school games from Nintendo, PS 1, etc., this is the repo for you as it full of the emulators you need to get those games playing.
- Lux – URL – http://justgetflux.com/cydia
F.Lux is a popular tweak that allows you control the brightness of the screen on your iPad or iPhone, alleviating some of the strain on your eyes. This is the repo to get it from.
- TeamXBMC – URL – http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios
XBMC is the most popular media-playing center in the world, giving you tons of different options for media content.
- BiteSMS Beta – URL – test-cydia.bitesms.com
Looking to make your Message app more useful? This is the place for you, home of the popular BiteSMS app that makes the stock iOS Messages app look like a poor relation.
- iCleaner Pro – URL – http://exile90software.com/cydia
iCleaner is a useful app that helps you to clear up your iOS device, getting rid of junk files, cache, broken links, bad files, temporary files, duplicates and much more besides, freeing up some of that much needed space.
- Ryan Petrich – URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo
Ryan Petrich is a very popular developer and is constantly bringing out new useful tweaks and keeping his older ones fully updated. If you want to use the popular Activator or BrowserChooser, get it from here.
- Couria Beta – URL – http://cydia.qusic.me
For those who don’t want the full experience of BiteSMS, Couria is the tweak for you, containing just a few of the more popular features, like Quick Reply.
- iLEX RAT – URL – http://cydia.myrepospace/iLEXiNFO
An advanced repo, this one is for those who are experienced in the inner workings of the iOS
- CoolStar – URL – http://repo.coolstar.org
Another repo for the experienced user, contains a number of command line tweaks.
- Forty Six & Two – URL – http://repo.fortysixandtwo.com/
Not one of the better-known repos but it does have a few useful tweaks, like JellyLockClock and Alarmy.
- ParrotGeek – URL – http://parrotgeek.net/repo
Home to some useful tweaks like Adrenaline and Siri Old Voice.
- Coke Pokes – URL – http://cokepokes.myrepospace.com
Another lesser-known repo that has some useful tweaks like AirBlueEnabler
- Apple Watch UI – URL – http://cydia.myrepospace.com/lamerz
Want an iPhone interface that looks like the Apple Watch? This is the place to get it.
- KuaiDial – URL – http://kuaidial.googlecode.com/syn/deb/
A nice tweak for anyone who fancies changing the look of the Dialer App.
Top Read : Add Multiple Repo Sources