Whenever we talk about jailbreak, the name Cydia also comes in connection with it. An Apple device, be it an iPhone, iPad or an iPod can be personalized using the Cydia. The device working on iOS can be handled without any limitations with the help of Cydia by giving access to those applications which are otherwise restricted from public use.
Image : Cydia iOS 8
Cydia iOS 8 on iPhone
Cydia can be installed only after a jailbreak is done on your iOS supported Apple device. The latest jailbreak which is available is iOS 7.1.2, created by the Chinese jailbreak team Pangu . Jailbreak for iOS 8 is still under progress by two jailbreak teams, Pangu as well as Evad3rs. We should be able to get the jailbreak utility for iOS 8 by the end of 2014.
Why Install Cydia on iOS 8 ? Isn’t iOS 8 enough
This question was commonly asked by many during the release of iOS 7, but the jailbreak team did not deter from creating a new jailbreak utility which was even more useful than the previous one. Cydia became better with the introduction of many new tweaks. Similarly, the iOS 8 has also begun to evoke the same question. Apple has ensured that its users have become dependent on jailbreaks to open their accessibility on devices. It is because of this dependency that both the jailbreak teams have already set to their work of building a jailbreak utility for iOS 8.
Before Installing Cydia iOS 8 :
- Update iTunes to the latest version
- Backup your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes
- Turn off Find My iPhone
- Turn off Touch ID | Passcode
- Put your iOS device into Airplane Mode.
How to Install Cydia :
- Download any jailbreak tool from the above-listed links.
- Plug in your iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- Launch iTunes.
- Open the jailbreak tool you download in the first step. If on Windows, open the tool in Administrator mode by right-clicking on its icon and selecting Run as Administrator. We are using Taig jailbreak tool for reference here .
- After the jailbreak tool has launched, it will detect your device.
- The jailbreak tool will have a checkbox which, if checked, installs a Chinese app store. So make sure you uncheck the 25PP or 3K Assistant checkbox.
- Finally click the Jailbreak | Start button.
- After a few minutes, the jailbreak process will be completed, your device will reboot, and you will find Cydia installed on your Home screen.
Consequently, the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus also have many additional features such as the Apply Pay, HealthKit, Touch ID sensor and many more. With these new features, a new Cydia will definitely look even more interesting. Several changes can be anticipated once the new jailbreak is released by either of the jailbreak teams. Needless to say, the new tweaks are sure to further improve the functioning of the iOS 8 devices. Keep following our website to get more information on the iOS 8 jailbreak and methods to Install Cydia on your device.
UPDATE 12 | 09 | 2015
Image : Cydia on iOS 8 gets Updated
Just recently, there has been news of competition for Cydia, in the form of iMods, an alternative app store for jailbreakers. Still in development, the iMods team has been joined by Comex, a long-absent jailbreak developer and the aim is to release the store in the near future. Saurik, creator of Cydia, has turned his back on the team and refused them access to Mobile Substrate. More news on this at it develops, Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be kept updated