iOS 8.4.1 is perhaps the most successful of all the iOS 8 firmware versions in terms of features as well as its ability to be jailbroken. We all know how the TaiG team released back to back jailbreaks for iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4.1 and thus made it possible to Cydia Download on iOS 8.4.1. The TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.4.1 is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices.
Image : Download Cydia 8.4.1
As the world now awaits the upcoming iOS 9 and the iOS 9 jailbreak, there are people who are still running iOS 8.4.1 in their iOS devices. If you are one of those people and if you haven’t installed Cydia on your device yet, then this guide is meant specifically for you. Cydia raises the capability of your iOS device and enables you to take real control of your device. By installing Cydia on your iOS 8.4 .1 device, you can install several Cydia apps to get amazing features that would not have been possible without Cydia.
You can install Cydia on your iOS 8.4.1 device using two methods – the TaiG and the PP tool. Both the methods are equally effective. We will be listing out both the methods here, so use the one you like.
How to Download Cydia on iOS 8.4
- Make sure that the iTunes in your computer is updated to the latest version. If not, then update it first before going on to the next steps.
- Your device must be running iOS 8.1.3 to iOS 8.4.1
- Make sure that Passcode | Touch ID and Find My iPhone are turned off in your iOS device.
- The antivirus in your computer should not target the TaiG or PP tools. So ensure that, or else momentarily turn off the Antivirus until the Cydia installation process is completed.
- When running the TaiG or PP tool in Windows , make sure that you run it in the Administrator Mode. To do this, just right-click on the tool and click on Run as Administrator.
- Before starting the installation process, put your device in Airplane mode.
Installing Cydia on iOS 8.4.1 using TaiG Tool
- Take a complete backup of your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud.
- Download the latest version of the TaiG 8.4.1 tool from here [ext link].
- Now go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and tap to turn it off. Again, go to Settings > Passcode > enter your passcode > and then Turn Passcode Off as explained above .
- Now open the TaiG tool in Administrator mode as explained above .
- Unselect the 3k Assistant option as shown below and click the Start button and the Cydia installation process will begin. Just wait patiently and do not disturb your device or your computer.
- After the Cydia installation process has been completed, your iOS device will reboot and you will find Cydia on the Home screen.
Installing Cydia 8.4.1 using PP Tool
- Go to this link PP Jailbreak Download [ext link] and download the PP tool.
- After downloading, run the tool.
- Plug in your iOS device to your computer.
- Inside the PP tool , click on the big elliptical button that says Jailbreak to start the Cydia installation process.
- Now the tool will initialize some components and will start installing Cydia in your iOS device. Just wait and do not touch your device.
- Once the process has completed, the PP tool will notify you the same and your device will reboot. You can now find the Cydia app on the Home screen of your device.
Note : The above given process is meant for Mac users only. The PP tool is available for Windows too. So in case you have got a PC and want to install Cydia on your iOS device using the PP tool only, then you can follow this tutorial for Mac.