After several months of rumors and waiting, iOS 10 has finally arrived. The latest firmware was revealed at the iPhone 7 event in Sept 7th 2016, followed by the release of the first iOS 10 firmware to users. We have exciting times ahead of us, as it is gradually revealed exactly what the iOS 10 download [ext link] is going to give us in terms of stability and performance, features and, of course, the usual bugs.
Image : Cydia iOS 10 Download Update
Quick Download Cydia iOS 10 :
Quick Links :
If you are looking to get Cydia on iOS 10 quickly without a computer, then this tutorial will come in handy. Internet connection on your iOS device is however required.
- Make sure you have iOS 10 firmware running on your iPhone or iPad that you intend to install Cydia on . This tutorial is specifically designed to supports iOS 10 devices.
- Open Safari web browser on your iOS 10 device [ iPhone or iPod Touch].
- Now simply open this url in your safari browser cydiaios7.com as shown here . This will take you to a page on the website specially designed for iOS 10 Cydia support . Confirm that the URL says cydiaios7.com as indicated in the image below.
- Now tap the Up arrow at the bottom of the screen as shown here .
- On the next screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- This will save the Cydia app icon to your home screen but first you must name it . Call it Cydia for ease and tap on Add
- The Cydia app should now be installed on your iOS 10 Homescreen. Open the app to stay updated to Cydia iOS 10 status .
Video : Here is the above process step by step on video
Cydia iOS 10 Installer Release :
Both Taig and Pangu Team are going to be spending the next couple of weeks delving into iOS 10, studying each firmware as it is released to see what, if any exploits there might be. One thing you will not get during this time is any updates from either team. They are not going to discuss the vulnerabilities because that would be giving Apple the chance to patch them before the release of Pangu 10 [ext link] and Taig 10 [ext link] jailbreak tools.
Image : Cydia iOS 10 Update
There is also one more worrisome thing that the jailbreak teams have to check out and that’s “Rootless”. Apple’s latest security feature may well put a huge stumbling block in the way of iOS 10 jailbreak [ext link], especially as it is designed to stop anyone from accessing specific files and data in the iOS, and that includes anybody who has admin privileges. Both Taig and Pangu need to assess the impact that this will have on when, or even if, they can release Cydia iOS 10 to us.
So, right now, all we can do is sit back and wait. Over the next couple of weeks, more details will emerge, not just on new iOS 10 Features but on how deep “Rootless” goes and whether it will affect Cydia iOS 10.