Most jailbreakers have heard of a vital jailbreak tool called Cydia Impactor but some of you won’t know that it has changed functionality. What used to be Cydia Impactor is now called Cydia Eraser and Cydia Impactor has been changed to an app that we use for side loading apps onto our iOS devices. This is an incredibly useful tool now that a brand-new jailbreak has been released.
Image : Cydia Impactor
Luca Todesco has released a beta version of his jailbreak, called Yalu Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor has been updated to support it. The process of installing the jailbreak is different from what we are used to and you can find full details here on how to download Yalu jailbreak onto your device. Do be aware that Yalu jailbreak is a semi-untethered utility and you will need to reactivate the jailbreak whenever you reboot your iOS device.
Before you begin :
Before you use Cydia Impactor to sideload any app, not just the jailbreak, here are a few things you should know first .
- You need to have a valid Apple ID so that Cydia Impactor can side-load the certificate for the app
- If you use a free Apple ID, the certificate expires every 7 days and you need to repeat the process of side-loading each time
- If you use an Apple ID for a paid developer account, the certificate wont expire for 12 months
Now that you know all of that, let’s look at the steps needed to use Cydia Impactor to sideload an app:
How to Use Cydia Impactor to Side Load Apps :
- Download Cydia Impactor for Windows or Mac [ext link]
- Download the .ipa file for the app you want to side load
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Find the .ipa file and drag it into the Cydia Impactor window
- Make sure that the tool recognizes your device
- When the Apple ID warning appears, click OK and input the Apple ID that you are using, click on OK
- Cydia Impactor will now go to work on signing the .ipa file for use , once it has finished, the app will be on your device. In this case the Yalu app , do not run it yet .
- Got o Settings > General > Device Management on your iOS device and locate the profile for the app you side-loaded , click on Trust
- Now you can exit Settings and use the app