Over the years, since iOS was first introduced in 2007, one thing that seems to have remained static and pretty much unchanged is the lock screen. This is one of the reasons why so many people would jailbreak their iOS 7 devices; to download tweaks and themes that bring functionality and appearance to the lock screen and make it a worthwhile part of the iOS 7 user interface . There are tweaks that give the iOS 7 lock screen a jazzed-up appearance while other tweaks give it a functionality that is sorely lacking in the traditional iOS system. Here are the Top Ten Best Cydia Lock Screen Tweaks available at the moment [coming up for iOS 7 Jailbreak aswell ]:
- LockLauncher 2.0 – The original LockLauncher was a tweak that placed an app launcher on the lock screen for access to your most used apps. This is the updated version and lets you decide where to position the apps. If you have a passcode set it will ask for it before you can launch any app from the lock screen. LockLauncher 2.0 is available on the BigBoss repo for $1.99
- LockHTML – This tweak places HTML widgets on your lock screen and is highly customizable. It’s been updated to support both iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 and includes a weather widget and a couple of options for customization. However, there are plenty of third-party developers bringing out custom widgets so get customizing. LockHTML 2 is on ModMyi repo for $0.99 or free is you already have the license for the original tweak.
- AndroidLock XT - A lot of iOS users like the Android lock screen – you know the one, where you connect up the dots to get in. It’s now available for iOS users and it also works in conjunction with a load of other tweaks, like Cydgets, LockInfo, for example. It has loads of configuration options as well. Get AndroidLock XT from the ModMyi repo for just $1.49
- LabelSlider – As the name suggests, this one lets you customize the text on the “Slide to Unlock” slider. Put whatever text you want on it with no restrictions. LabelSlider is on the BigBoss repo for free.
- LockGestures – One of the oldies, LockGestures allows you to add gestures to the lock screen. There are plenty of configuration options, helping to make it the perfect tweak for those who want to get more done in less time. LockGestures is available on the BigBoss repo for $1.00
- Move2Unlock – This tweak allows you to unlock your screen in more than one way. Replace the slider with one of a variety of different unlock options, including paper flip. Move2Unlock is on the ModMyi repo for $0.99
- LiveWire – LiveWire gives your lock screen a sliding door to open it. There is no configuration, just a simple door that you slide to open and gain access to your home screen. LiveWire is available for free on the BigBoss Repo.
- SkipLock – If you don’t, or can’t, make use of Activator gestures to unlock your screen then SkipLock is the tweak for you. It skips you past the lock screen instantly. SkipLock is available on a custom repo for free. Add this to your repos in Cydia: http://filippobiga.com/repo
- LivePapers – LivePapers gives you live wallpapers for your lock screen, making it quite interesting to sit and watch. One word of warning though, it does drain your battery quite quickly. LivePapers is on the BigBoss repo for free
- Forecast – Forecast is a Winterboard theme that puts a weather widget onto your lock screen. The widget is integrated professionally into the top of the lock screen so it doesn’t interfere or look out of place. Forecast will set you back $0.99 on the ModMyi repo.
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe