Remember the plain old Nokia phones which had only the basic functions like calling and messaging ? Well, those phones were indeed super battery savers, as they needed to be charged once a week or so. However, mobile phones evolved over time and smartphones came into existence, with the present phones not lasting more than a day, or even less than that. Of course, for so many features that you get in the iPhone, you will have to compromise on the battery life, but it is a real pain to charge it more than once in a day.
Image : BattSaver Jailbreak Tweak
So what do you do to save the battery of your iOS device and give an hour of extra life ? The most common tricks are turning off the cellular network, disabling location, reducing screen brightness, etc. However, it is really inconvenient to perform these settings again and again as it takes up a lot of time and effort and is a real fuss. What if all this could be automatically done with just a touch? Well, if you have a jailbroken iOS device, then there’s good news for you.
BattSaver is a jailbreak tweak that helps you save the battery of your iOS device by shutting down useless apps and feature. This feature has been directly included in the new iOS 9 by Apple under the name Low Power Mode. However, if you have a jailbroken device that does not support iOS 9 or you are looking for an alternative, then BattSaver can come really handy.
- BattSaver saves energy by turning off all the wireless services like GPRS, EDGE, 3G, 4G, LTE, Wi-Fi, etc.
- The tweak does it automatically, so you do not need to manually juggle between WiFi, 3G, and other apps to toggle each of them on or off.
- BattSaver cleverly shuts down the battery-draining components when they are not in use.
- The tweak can actually increase your battery life by up to 2 times.
- The number of charge cycles reduce considerably, thus extending the battery life.
- You can check the battery state in real-time as the tweak includes monitoring views.
- The tweak is very intuitive and has got a pull to refresh feature.
- BattSaver now supports iOS 8 and has been updated to BattSaver 2.0.
- Many users had been experiencing a freeze when the BattSaver used to enable or disable 2G/3G/4G/WiFi. This has been fixed in the update.
- Also, the background wakeup system has been changed and matches iOS perfectly.
- There is also a new crash report system inside the Infos view.
BattSaver is a really cool, popular, and highly recommended tweak. So in case your iOS device is giving you a bad battery life, then you can get BattSaver from the BigBoss repo in Cydia for just $ 3.99. You can even get it for free from 3rd party repo’s.