The iOS app drawer called Dock offers nice shortcuts to your favourite apps, but many users are still not satisfied with the number of apps that it allows. A lot of users wish to have more space in the dock to accommodate more apps in it. Well, if you use a jailbroken iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, then that’s not a problem anymore.
Image : Akri – Favourite Apps right on your Lock Screen
A lot of Cydia tweaks [e.g. Docker] allow you to add more app shortcuts to iOS apart from the iOS Dock. Akri is one such tweak that gives you all your favourite apps just a button press or swipe away. Check out the feature of the tweak below.
- Akri tweak lets you add as many app shortcuts as you want on the Lock screen, so you can think it of as a kind of Lock screen app launcher.
- You can invoke the tweak from the Lock screen with a right swipe, and then the app icons can be accessed by swiping left.
- The tweak comes with a preferences pane in the Settings app. You will find options in the preference pane to turn on or turn off the tweak. You can choose the apps that you want to include in the tweak. For the changes to take effect, you need to respring the device.
- If your iOS device has a Passcode enabled, then you need to enter it into the preferences pane of the tweak so that the apps you launch from the Lock screen don’t ask you for the passcode again and again. Though, if you don’t fill the Passcode field then the apps won’t open at all.
- If you think that someone else will check your device and will open the apps from the Lock screen, we suggest you to not keep such apps on the lock screen with the Akri tweak.
- For those who want to take no risk and want their personal data to be secure completely, there’s just one solution. You should not keep some apps like Photos, Facebook, Messaging, etc. on the Lock screen in the Akri shortcuts, as these apps contain your personal images, photos, messages, etc. and could fall in the hands of wrong people who get a chance to sneak into your device.
If you love adding shortcuts of your favourite apps in your iOS device, then Akri is a tweak you must try out. You can download it from the BigBoss repo in Cydia for $1.99.